The Meeting

Today we had an award show where our song Rookie was nominated, it was one of the top two along with spring day by BTS. I was a big fan of them and I was super excited to see them. We'd seen each other before at award shows and such but never really talked. The only one I've talked to is Jungkook and that's because we literally ran into each other back stage.

                                            ~ flashback ~

I had sat on the ground to calm my spinning head right after the performance ended, so I didn't notice when the girls left to the dressing room. I wasn't sure exactly where our dressing room was, so I just picked a hallway and walked.

After walking through the whole hallway without seeing our dressing rom, I turned back to go to the stage. When I got there I thought I heard someone following me. I'm a very paranoid person so my anxiety kicked in and I panicked. I started running toward a new hallway and didn't see where I was going. I felt something hit my head before I fell down on my back. I looked up to see a boy in a black sweater on the floor next to me. We made eye contact and I realized it was Jungkook from BTS.

'please act normal' I told myself. Not knowing what to do my brain did what it normally does. I started laughing. It was a big relief when I heard him laughing too. Then we both realized what happened.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention" I said letting my laughter die out finally.

"Me too," he said back followed by "Oh crap I'm gonna miss the intro, I'm really late"

"Oh yeah you need to go mister" I said with a small giggle as he bowed and took off again.

As I was heading back on my journey to the dressing room one of our staff came up from behind me. They had a camera and told me that they has been chasing me for 5 minutes.

"THAT WAS YOU!? I thought I was gonna get kidnapped!" I said suddenly relieved.

"At an award show?" She asked. Yeah, true that was a little unlikely but still.

"What's with the camera?" I asked her.

"Well we're making a kind of reality show for your fans so we've been recording a lot recently" the way she smirked at me told me she got something embarrassing.

"I totally got you running into Mr.Golden Maknae back there and then laughing like a maniac". Well shoot.

                                        ~end of flashback~

That was part of an episode they posted full of never before seen footage that was just us being chaotic. And so Jungri was born. (Your ship name, you're Yeri). My members still tease me about it, and I wouldn't be surprised if his did too.

"Baby Y/N wakey wakey" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Joohyun who is impatiently waiting for me to exit our house so she can lock the door. I climb into the van hoping for a win.

We arrive and exit the van in our masks and caps ready to be made pretty. As we walk in the room we see lots of pink. The outfits are pink, like pink pink. The girls groan a little bit but I don't mind. Being the youngest member I'm considered the cutest and I'm okay with that, I would rather be called cute than hot. The girls are pretty frustrated because we've only done cute concepts. Ice Cream Cake, Dumb Dumb, Rookie, Russian Roulette and they really want to do a darker concept. It makes sense, they're in their mid twenties and have to dress and perform like cute teenagers. Maybe we could try something darker for the next song. I bet we could pull it off and I know they're only holding out for me because I'm still young and they don't want me to be uncomfortable.

After being attacked by the swarm of pink we head off to the green room where we will answer a few questions with BTS. I enter the room and the 7 handsome boys heads turn when we walk in. We gather next to them and start talking before the hosts arrive.

"Congrats on being nominated right after a comeback!" I congratulate the guys trying to break the silence.

"Thank you" Namjoon says

"I like your outfits" Mr.Worldwide Handsome tells us.

"Wanna trade then?" I ask without thinking and then realize what I said. I laugh a little nervously "sorry th-" but I'm cut off when Jin and V start laughing. Oh thank goodness they thought it was funny and not like offensive or anything. The rest of the groups join in and then we start breaking off to talk in smaller groups. I hear Irene telling Namjoon about the different ways she wakes us up, while Jin and Joy are talking about her stint on WGM. I decide to walk over to the maknae line since they're all together.

"Hey guys!" I alert them of my presence while they turn around to look at me.

"Hey Y/N are you ready for your performance tonight?" Taehyung asks me.

"As long as I dont get lost backstage" I say laughing, turns out I do that a lot.

"So have you been keeping your head away from others lately?" Jungkook asks with a smirk on his face, he really thinks he can tease me.

"I have actually, why do you want me to stop?" I ask leaning in a little closer to his face before pulling away as we both blush. I'm normally not this bold around guys, but I was comfortable with these three. The other two boys laughed and we resumed our talking.

We tease each other about being nominated "So are you ready to lose?" I ask and Jungkook laughs laughs before responding

"Shouldn't you ask yourself that you pink crayon?"

"Who are you calling a pink crayon? Your friend literally has a pink head" I say referring to Jimin's pink hair.

Before we can say anymore the two interviewers walk in. We separate back into our groups and get ready for the short segment.

I didn't even hear what Jin and Jimin were saying I was too busy watching Taehyung flap his arms around. I try not to laugh and focus back on the questions. After the segment is done we head back to our rooms and get ready to perform.

We walk out on the stage when its our turn and I smile while waiting for the music to start. I get super excited right before we start performing and today is no different. We hear the cue and it's Showtime :)

(You're Yeri throughout the story. For reference, she's the one in a yellow shirt and poofy skirt)