Chapter 8

When you heard his words, your heart made a jump. Her fiancé the words kept replaying in your head and you really liked the sound of it.

Dan's eyes widened and clearly showed how surprised he was. You could understand his reaction since he never saw you with any guy and he never knew about you being in a relationship.

"Ugh, yeah he is my...", you cleared your throat and didn't finish your sentence.

Yoongi's actions caught you completely off guard and everything your mind was focused on, was his hand on your bare skin.

"Oh my god, I didn't know-", Dan mumbled and shook his head plastering a huge smile on his face, "I mean, congratulations. I wish you all the best for your... marriage."

"Thank you, Dan", you said smiling at him softly. You definitely had to invite him for the wedding ceremony, he was a very good friend to you.

Wow, here you found yourself already making plans for your own wedding.

You noticed how Yoongi wrapped his arm even tighter around your waist when he noticed another male idol staring at you.

Dan said goodbye and disappeared in the crowd. You turned to Yoongi and looked at him questioningly.

"Why so protective?", you asked teasingly. He sighed and frowned travelling his eyes over your body.

"That dress.. it's just-", he didn't finish his sentence and kept staring at you. 

"By the way, I'm very proud of you for winning the award. You were amazing up there", you admitted that you liked his performance. You had to, you knew he has always been insecure about his abilities.

"Look at us", he said chuckling and left his arm wrapped around you while leading you to the exit, "we can go two minutes without fighting." You smiled and looked at his side profile.

You actually wanted to kiss him right now, but you didn't have the guts to do this. You stared at his lips when he suddenly turned towards you and connected his lips with yours.

A smile curved up on your lips and you kissed him back.

What was that feeling in your stomach? Could it be that you are falling for him? No, you can't lose and fall for him first. Even if you felt so comfortable around him.

"Are you ready for the red carpet?", he asked when you parted too soon, "about this time our agencies must have announced our engagement."

Your skin tingled and you nodded. You arrived at the entrance to the red carpet where hundreds of reporters were waiting.

After you fixed your dress, he grabbed your hand and stepped with you on the red carpet. The lights started flashing and you smiled into the cameras. Yoongi had his arm around you and you posed like a couple in love. It was actually not that bad.

"Let's go home", he whispered into your ear and your stupid smile returned, he made you feel so safe and loved.

But it still stings when you thought about the past. You had to sort that fight out first. You didn't speak a word on the way to his - your house.

You tried to find the right things to say to him. When you entered the house you still haven't come up with something.

"Do you want to sleep in the guest room or... in my bedroom?", he asked timidly putting the car keys on the counter. You loved his shy side and you would love to.. share a bed with him, but-

"Why didn't you say anything?", you asked avoiding eye contact.

"What do you mean?", he asked but by the look on his face you knew that he knew what you were on about.

"Tell me", you demanded whispering.

It was completely dark in the house since none of you bothered to turn on the lights. His face was only lit up by the dim moonshine.

"I didn't.. I didn't want to tell them about your secret", he said in a low voice, "I was just so scared you would tell mine."

"I would've never done that. You should have known that", you said hurt and wiped the corners of your eyes.

"I know and I knew that, I trusted you, but I didn't trust myself enough and let my fear get the best of me", he said and you knew he was telling the truth.

In your childhood you and Yoongi were so good friends because you both shared a secret. He knew about your father's drinking problems and you knew about how badly his mother treated him.

You promised to never tell anyone, but he betrayed you. And it left a deep scar.

"Please, Y/N... don't turn your back at me", he whispered almost not audibly, "I can't bear the pain again."