Chapter thirteen: Copy and Paste?

" Have a happy Christmas you guys! Don't do anything illegal! "

Jeremiah, or should I say Mr. Cruz, said to all of us as the bell rang for the end of the semester and the beginning of winter break. I packed up my things in a rush and headed for the door. Jeremiah stopped me and handed me a Christmas card with a sparkly little tree on it.

" Merry Christmas Lyric, hopefully you'll think about it during your two weeks off. "

I took the card and shoved it into my bag. It had been four months since I was kidnapped and tortured, four months since Jeremiah told me about my so called destiny, four months since the monster attack, four months since Sam and Kennedy arrived, and four months since well, since anything exciting has happened at all.

I left the class in a hurry so that I could get to Sam's class before he got impatient and left without me. Sam got a new Ford Raptor a couple of months ago and I've been using him as my personal taxi ever since. We've become good friends since August but that is all. He tried to put the moves on me in September but after the break up with Scotty I just wasn't feeling up to any relationships. So we agreed to be the best of friends and nothing more.

I sped walked down the hallway to Sam's class. He was leaning against the brick wall next to it and talking with Kennedy. Robin and Kennedy actually did end up together and Sam has been acting like the overprotective parent ever since. Its sweet that he loves his sister so much though.

If you look at both of them closely, you actually couldn't really tell that they were siblings. They both had creamy whit skin and a gorgeous smile but that's it, besides the matching snake tattoo. Sam had his going up his entire right arm and Kennedy had hers wrapped around her right ankle. Sam told me that the government gave it to them when they were young but that's all that he would say about it.

He looked up and smiled at me, I smiled back warmly and he sat up from the wall and started to walk in my direction, a smile still on his lips. His smile seemed to create butterflies in my Stomach but I shook it off.

" Hey Lyric ready to hit the road? Gosh what is the beautiful and talented Lyric going to be up to on these two weeks off from classes? Drinking perhaps? Maybe even finding a couple male strippers to share the night with? "

I shook my head and laughed as he wrapped his muscular arm around my shoulders. Sam always thought that my life was ten times more exciting than what it actually was. Knowing me, I'll probably just be hanging out at Rougue's house watching Netflix and eating homemade sugar cookies. But Sam didn't need to know that.

We hopped in his truck and took off towards the dorms. He turned on the radio and began humming to one of Ed Sheerans new singles. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, hoping no near death would come to me this winter break.