Chapter thirteen: Meeting the Strykers

" Don't let those faces fool you Lyric, they may be your kind but you're supposed to be the only one left. "

I froze as I stared at the two new students, and not just any new students, two hybrid students. Admin had found them in a experimentation facility downtown that the government had been controlling for years. It was only supposed to be for chemical testing but obviously they lied to us. Now these two are going to stay in the academy to be kept safe from any dangers. Although after that monster attack, I don't think this place is so safe anymore. Rougue's head is still slightly sore from the hit she took.

" Lyric this is Sam and Kennedy Stryker, they are just like you, but the government created them instead. They use to be human until the government took them and did well, experiments on them. You're going to be Sam's buddy, and since Kennedy is a shapeshifting hybrid, Robin, you're going to be her buddy. I'm expecting you two to make them feel very welcomed here at the academy. Can you manage this? "

I looked over at the Admin officer before looking back at Sam. I nodded my head and Robin did the same. I was too shocked to say anything at the moment, and I think everyone else was too because they were even more quiet than me. The Admin officer nodded her head in approval and led everyone except me and Sam out of the office.

" I'll give you two time to get to know each other before I show you to your dorm you'll be sharing. Good luck you two. "

Ivan grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze and bent down to whisper in my ear. " Just be yourself, everyone else is taken. " He smiled at me encouragingly before following everyone else out of the office, leaving me and Sam to ourselves. I turned around and gave him a quick look over.

Sam was tall and nicely toned, something Robin would kill for. He had messy brown hair and black colored eyes that looked like he could right through you. But they weren't evil looking like the demon's, instead, they looked friendly and trustworthy. He had gages in his ears but weirdly looked good on him, and he had a been snake tattoo that wrapped around his right wrist and went all the way up to his shoulder. He was an extremely good looking guy, and by the way he was looking me up and down, he was thinking the same thing about me.

" See something you like? " He smirked when he noticed that I was also checking me out. I narrowed my eyes at him and his smirk only grew into a smile. His fangs were long but not even as close to Rougue's length. He had a nice smile, but I tried not to focus on that. I stood my ground and crossed my arms stubbornly. He only continued to smile and put his hands into his black jeans pockets.

" So was that guy your boyfriend or something? " He asked nodding towards the door where Ivan had left. I scrunched my eyebrows together. Why did everyone think that we were dating? Can't anybody tell that he's as straight as a circle?

" Actually I'm single, and you have to be fucking amazing to change that. "

Sam barked out a laugh and seemed to relax a little at my comment. He looked over at me and his eyes seemed to sparkle with mischief. " Being single doesn't mean you're weak, it means you're strong enough to wait for what you deserve. "

I relaxed a little when he said this, he was not only cute but smart. I finally smiled back at him, allowing all my walls to come down. " I'm Lyric by the way. " I said as I stuck out my hand for him to shake. He took it gladly and shook it.

" it's good to meet you Lyric. My name is Sam Stryker and it looks like we'll be sharing a dorm together. " He winked at me and I rolled my eyes. Yep, this guy was totally flirting with me, but I didn't think I minded.

                                             *    *    *

" And this is the dorm you two will be sharing ad don't worry Sam, we know how protective you are about your sister so we moved her and Robin to the dorm right next to you. "