Chapter four: Tiaras and Demons

After the breakup with Scotty, I didn't leave my dorm for awhile. I couldn't believe that he had just left the Academy. No one leaves the Academy! Negative consequences are always given to those who leave. And yet, it was like Scotty wasn't ever here. No one tried to look for him, the Admin didn't make a missing students announcement, it was as if it was all a dream, and I was staying in my dorm for no apparent reason.

It was Tuesday, classes started tomorrow and I had done absolutely nothing to prepare, I didn't even have a backpack. Students were supposed to pick up the textbooks that they would need on Monday but I didn't even bother picking up my schedule. My phone vibrated on my stomach as I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling. I picked it up and was surprised to see that the message was from my friend Newt.

You OK Lyric?

I scrunched up my face in confusion. Newt wasn't the emotional type, even for a human. He preferred to look at the world in a scientific way and didn't care much about emotion. He was also obsessed with finding out how supernaturals ticked  but let's not talk about his love for us right now.

I quickly texted him back to see what he needed from me this time.

I'm fine. U don't need to worry about my little hybrid self, I'm just busy that's all.

I received a text back almost as soon as I sent it. What did he want?

That's bull. I know your depressed but u can't just stay in your room until school starts. besides, there is 1 good thing that happened about your break up.

I narrowed my eyes at the text, what could possibly good about getting your heart broken? I texts him back.

Oh yeah and what's that?

His text had come a little later this time but what it said was what I wouldn't ever expect to hear from Newt in a thousand years.

I'd rather be hurt with the truth than be comforted with a lie.

As I pondered his last text another quickly came in.

Just a thought...

I smiled at that, now that was the Newt I grew to know. Always has something to say about his thoughts. I texted him back a thank you before setting my phone down and getting up to go look for some food.

I walked into my kitchen and opened the fridge in search of something tasty that I could devour in less than ten minutes. I haven't really eaten these passed couple days and my stomach was definitely letting me know. There was absolutely nothing in the fridge except for a jug of expired milk and  two sticks of butter.I closed the fridge in disappointment and went to go get changed so I could go grocery shopping.

Just when I was finishing the side braid on my hair, my doorbell rang. The high pitch sound of a little bell made my sensitive ears want to bleed. I cringed at the sound and walked to the door to answer it.