chapter 4

Nayeon's P.O.V.

"You've already become someone you were not.."

"Who cares? It's not of your business!" I walk past her, bumping her shoulders and making her fall.

Eomma... I'm sorry.

"Nayeon!!!" She calls, making me stop from my tracks. "Nayeon..."

"Nayeon?!" I screamed as I wake up from the dream. What was dream about?

Why was Nayeon there?

Just then, the door cracks open and a familiar man walks in.

"You're awake.." he says, as he holds a tray of breakfast.

"Did you just scream before? Were you dreaming?" He asks, as he slowly gives me the tray, putting it on top of a mini table.

"Yes.." I sat up carefully, preparing my self to eat. "Was it a dream of your memories?" It somehow looked like it was a part of my memory.

But why was Nayeon there?

"I don't know.. It was just a weird dream." I say before I put food on my mouth.

He leaves me alone and I continue to eat as I process the dream again and again.

Why did it feel like it was a part of my past.. a memory..

But Nayeon?

I don't understand at all..

As I sunk into my thoughts, I realized I was feeding myself with nothing now. I looked at my plate and there was nothing.

I was too stuck on my thoughts I didn't realize I finished my breakfast.

I brought the tray out, and to the kitchen. And he was there.

He stares at his food, not eating at all, and also fidgeting his phone, looking at his phone countless time and fidget it again. What is he doing?

"What are you doing?" I ask him directly, as he blinked a few times.

Was he thinking of something?

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I stare at my food as I patiently watch for her message. I fidget my phone, and check again and fidget it back..

What could she be doing?

"What are you doing?" My thoughts stopped as the girl asks me. I blinked a few times before I was out of my thoughts. "No-nothing.." I stuttered.

I continued eating slowly, and she just walks out of the kitchen after I responded.

IU are you really that busy??

Should I send a message? Or not?

Or call her?

I just shrugged the thoughts off my mind and put my plate on sink.

"Let's just call her..." I searched for her name in the contacts and decided to call her. My mind won't be in peace unless if I hear her voice.

Calling...

"Hello?" She starts.

"IU..."

"Jungkook? Lucky I am in my room right now.." she sighed in relief,

"why do you call?"

"I miss you." I don't reallly know. I just wanted to call you and I assume I miss you.

"Tsk.. That's all?" Seriously IU?

"I miss you too. I have to go now, bye."  She says, and hangs up. Do you really miss me too?

Those words felt plain...

Ji-eun do you still love me?

..............

It was late afternoon and I couldn't find the girl anywhere inside.

She must be in the garden then...

I found her looking at the flowers and plants, with a very wide smile plastered on her face.

While looking at them, she still holds the book of 'Gods and Goddesses' from yesterday.

She sat on the bench, not noticing me by the corner at all. She flips through the pages, slowly until she finds it.

"Nayeon.." she says as she reads the information placed about her.

I remembered her asking about goddess Nayeon from yesterday, is she really that interested in her?

"Uh, is there any pictures of this goddess Nayeon?"

"Well, out of all the goddess, there's no image of her. She's one of the most extraordinary and special goddess that's why.. Well, why do you ask?"

But I actually lied to her. She's one of the most extraordinary goddesses yet there's an image of her before in that book...

But now, it's suddenly gone.

I remember mother mentioned something about the images...

"If an image of a god or goddess is gone from the book, it's because they're being put in another world or universe..."

"And most of the times, they are on earth, living as humans... You never know.."

I shrugged the thoughts off my mind. It was totally absurd and non-realistic but it does seem quite real..

Why would an image be gone in a book, without toring or leaving any mark of being removed? It seemed like it vanished magically....

"She has a round face, with puffy pink cheeks, her cheekbones show which adds perfection to her face.  Her wide and thin rosy plum lips, along with her buck teeth, making her seem so cute when she smiles. And her cute and unique nose, with her sparkly dark and hazel brown eyes, in perfect proportion to her lips ad face.. Her hair as soft and with quite curls, which changes color everytime her mood changes..." she reads...

Why does the description suit her so much?

"Miss, it's quite awkward to always calling you a girl or miss..." I sat beside her, and she stops reading, and shuts the book close.

"But I can't remember my name.."

"No, it's not that. Since you'll remember only in a week, how about we give yourself a name?"

"And I'll call you Nayeon..." she stops, and stares at me for awhile.

She totally looks like a goddess, and she even matches goddess Nayeon's description.

"Would that be alright for you?" She nods slowly, and smiles afterwards.

"By the way, what was your name again?" She asks, looking at me and waiting for my answer.

"Jungkook.. Jeon Jungkook, Nayeon..."

The wind rushes as both of us share glances.

Nayeon...

*****

Hey guys!

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Comment down below on your thoughts about this chapter guys.

Love lots!!

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞