chapter 24

Nayeon's P.O.V.

"Nayeon... I don't know if I'm only dreaming or whatever but your hair...." He stops, taking another glance at my hair. I widened my eyes, hoping it's not what I think.

"Your hair turned grey...."

Now, how do I answer him? I'm doomed...

"H-how would my hair turn g-gre-ey? M-my hair is bl-black..." I stuttered, trying to escape such a dangerous question.

He continued to look at my hair, making me squint my eyes in fear.

"Did he touch you? Do anything to you? Put some weird chemicals on you? On your hair?" I perked my head up as I heard him asking questions that weren't what I expected.

"N-no.. I don't know..." I couldn't lie at all, just mouthing answers in guilt. I shouldn't say yes at all, Jinyoung has nothing to do with this hair.

It's a special gift that I had as a goddess...

"That bastard must've done something. Now your hair is turning back to black." I turned to look at the mirror in the living room, only to see my hair slowly turning back to black.

Black means sad. It could also mean fear on the other hand.

"Nayeon, are you sure he didn't do anything to you? You can tell us anything, we'll make sure that douchebag will rot in prison." Ji-eun snickered, talking bad of Jinyoung as she pats my back.

"I'm fine." I don't feel right, I'm scared to death that you'd know about my secret.

"Alright, let's forget such misery and head to bed okay?" She patted my back for the final time, letting me sit at the corner of my bed.

She left me there, headed towards her bed, still leaving the lamp on.

"I'll leave it on just in case. Goodnight, Nayeon." She bids, tossing herself the other round as she finally sets herself to sleep.

"Goodnight...." I whispered.

*****
My heart throbs fast, beating loud as I see him pass. Blood rushes in my veins, gone were all the worries of pains.

Yet why does my hair not turn red at all? I think I'm in love, why doesn't it say so?

Am I in-love, or is this just a petty feeling I thought was love?

I guess this is alright. It's enough to like him for now. The more I fall in love with someone who's human, I'll be away from him forever.

Just as the rule says, there's no such love between humans and gods. It's a forbidden love story.

I heaved a sigh before I head to the kitchen where awaited was Jungkook and IU. "Nayeon, come sit. Breakfast is ready." They called.

"I think I'm not really hungry." Or maybe I lost my appetite...

****
Third Person's P.O.V.

Nayeon stared at the mirror for too long, questioning why her hair doesn't turn red.

She thinks she's in-love but her hair doesn't match what she thinks.

What she doesn't know of is that she's truly in love with a man that can't be hers. She is in despair for the realization that Jungkook could only be a dream, not a reality.

She's in-love, but her sadness is the dominant emotion she feels.

She knows he could never be hers, even if he would like him, it would be against the odds to find love with a human.

And so her hair her stays black. For her loneliness turns her heart black, and it's about to crack.

"L-O-V-E. I love you and you don't love me..."

------

Jungkook's POV

As we all sit on the couch to watch a movie, my mind was still wondering about Nayeon's hair.

"Jungkook?" I snap back to reality when I saw a hand waved in front if my face.

I turn and saw Ji-eun with a worried face. "Are you okay?"

I smiled and pulled her close to me with my arm around her waist. "Just got lost in thoughts." I said.

She smiled at me before nodding. We both looked at Nayeon and spotted her staring at us. She then looked at the other direction making me confused.

"What are we watching?" She asked as she looked at us with a smile plastered on her face.

I mentally sighed. You are just paranoid Jungkook...

"Ooo! How about Legend of the blue sea? I still couldn't move in from it." Ji-eun suggested happily making me chuckle.

"Sure."

****

Nayeon's POV

As we watched the movie, I couldn't help but feel somehow related to the girl.

A mermaid that ends up in a whole new world, ending up to fall in love with a human which is unreal and forbidden.

If only I could turn myself a human as well and forget my whole memories of being a goddess...

Sighing, I turn to Jungkook and Ji-eun who is all cuddled with each other making my heart ache.

I have no rights to be mad at her. After all, he chose her even before I came. They both love each other while it is just a one-sided love for me...

"Excuse me for a minute." I said but it seemed like they didn't heard me so I just stood up and walked towards the balcony.

Breathing the natural fresh air, it felt like it was also adding weight on the heaviness I am feeling right now.

What did I do to deserve such cruel fate?

*****

Take care, stay safe, and stay gold!!!

❤✨❤✨❤✨❤