21: Sweet Training

"Sahar!"

The sour expression immediately drew on my face when Pandora encircled her arms around me. Why would she hug me like we're some close mortal friends? Kunot noo ko siyang tinulak dahilan para matawa siya sa ginawa ko. Behind her is Nym, who's now giving me a wide grin. Her turquoise eyes sparkling.  

"Sabi ko na nga ba at makakalabas ka ng buo!" Pandora scanned me from head to toe, even circling me to see my whole body. I hide the scowl forming. "No wounds. Amazing!"

I stopped the urge to roll my eyes at her naiveness. Iniwan ko na siya at pinagpatuloy ang paglalakad ko papuntang gitna ng training grounds, ngunit hindi nakaligtas sa pandinig ko ang tinanong ni Nym saakin— "Did you see the tracks that I left for you?"

Tracks. Right. I asked her to leave one for me.

Sage happened, though. So I didn't really need it anymore. Umiling ako sa naging tanong niya, nasa harapan parin ang tingin. "No. I've met someone who knows a shortcut too"

Umagang umaga pa lang ay mukha uli ni Feline ang bumungad saakin kanina. I don't know why, but if it's her face I'm going to see first thing in the morning every day then I'd have no choice but to be bitchy about it. I don't want to see anyone the second I open my eyes. That's critical and crucial for a witch warrior like me. My killing instincts might get a hold of my brain before I could even wake to my senses. It might lead Feline to her deathbed.

I'll talk to her later.

I know she cares for her life.

Sinabihan niya ako na ngayon ang simula ng training namin. The 13 witches, complete. Livvy is dead now, but we managed to capture seven witches instead of six. How fortunate for the Prince.

Saktong dumating ang unang prinsipe sa training grounds na kasama si Zarax. Wala sa sarili akong napangisi— of course, one isn't enough for a crown prince. Tinago ko ang ngising 'yon para hindi makita ng iba. Pandora and Nym already settled on both of my sides. Ryon and Arabella were next to them. The other seven— they mirrored us in front. Nang tumagma ang aming mga mata nung mga nahuli ko ay agad ko silang nginisian.

They sharpened their canines at me, hissed at me. Oh, scary. Mukha atang nakausap na sila ng prinsipe kasi hindi sila naghe-hysterical ngayon. Some of them even witnessed Livvy's death so it's safe to assume that they now know what will happen to them if they disobey.

Pinaghawak ko ang dalawa kong palad sa likuran hanggang sa makita ko na ang unang prinsipe na pumagitna sa dalawang linya. Zarax went to her place, only giving me a cunning smirk when she passed by me. I proudly returned that smirk to her.

"The whole morning wala kayong ibang gagawin kundi mag-training," the crown prince started. He's wearing his usual palace clothes. White long sleeves buttoned-down shirt, tucked in his black pants, and black boots. His brown hair complimented his angelic face so well, a bit of sunlight illuminating his amber eyes— causing them to shine more brightly than ever. "Sentinels will guard every corner of the training grounds. Will immediately act if they see a slight threat in your hands"

When our eyes met and he smirked, I arched a brow at him.

Suot suot namin ngayon ang black tights uniform, less the golden armor corset. Mga ilang minuto pa, pinakilala kami ng prinsipe sa mga bagong dating—and vice versa.

Charlotte is a curvy witch that owns dark mid-length hair, dark eyes, and dark skin. Makayla is a witch that has a dark pixie haircut, light blue eyes, and tanned skin. Elliot is the one with long ash-blonde hair, violet eyes, and pale skin. Ophelia owns brown curly long hair, brown eyes, and olive skin. Acey on the other side is also a tall skinny girl with tan skin, blond long hair, and black eyes. The last two, those of whom I caught with my own hands— the redhead with the eyes of nature and the brunette with silvery eyes. Piper and Margot.