CHAPTER 3: THE PAST

~ALEXIA'S POV~

It was late and the house was dark. Cameron still hadn't returned from his "journey", I was getting really worried. I sat on the floor and looked out the window at the acting college where Cam and I met. He's still attending there but he's graduating soon, I had to drop out due to personal reasons but Cameron was determined to get a real acting gig.

~Flashback~
"Cameron! Stop it!" I giggled while he tickled me uncontrollably. "Uh baby. I need to practice my script!" he said bummed. "Where's yours?" he asked rummaging through my desk. "Umm, I gave it... to some chick. She needed it more than I did." I said hesitating. "Okay. We can just share mine." he said comforting me. "Actually... I'm moving out of the campus.. tomorrow." I said softly not wanting to look at his beautiful brown eyes. "What. Why?" he asked. "Tootie can't afford it anymore." "So! Let me ask my parents to pay for you!" he said trying to rescue me. "No. It's too much!" I said almost crying. "But where are you going to live? How are you gonna get to school!" he asked getting frustrated. "I won't." I said coldly and got up to get some boxes. "You're dropping out!" he asked concerned. "Yes. So are you gonna help me pack or are you just gonna stand there." I said passing him a large empty box.
~Flashback Over~

After I dropped out things started getting bad at home, Tootie was diagnosed with cancer and my adopted brother (Kean) committed suicide. I turned to drugs and other illegal things that I still haven't shaken off. Cameron grew up in a stable home so he doesn't understand why I turned to drugs but I know exactly why. Drugs don't ask questions, drugs don't care if you don't wanna talk and plus somehow they have healing power! But still, as I reminisced about the past, the worry in my heart grew. I shouldn't have lied to Cameron, I wish I could just talk to someone.

Oh kay! Guys I don't do drugs.. seriously, I don't!