CHAPTER 16: I TRIED...

"What?" he said not taking his eyes of the road.

"Cameron, you know that I love you and I'll never do anything to hurt you... intentionally." I started and looked at Cameron and he didn't even flinch, he never even took his eyes of the road yet again. "I'm constantly getting involved with the wrong people and somehow you always get caught up in the middle of it. I really hope you don't hate me." I continued with my tears starting to roll.

Cameron continued driving, almost emotionless. He looked like he didn't care but I was sure that after I tell him the truth, he'd care.

"Dylan never hit me that night... I'm pretty sure he wasn't even there." I said crying. Cameron cleared his throat and started pulling over. He parked the car near the forest and switched the car off. "What the fuck Alexia?" he said calmly, almost too calmly. "Oh Cameron, I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" I said crying into my hands. "Get out of my car." he whispered. "But babe-" "Get out of my car Alexia!" he yelled unlocking it.

I was crying uncontrollably and could barely get any words out. "Cameron, please." I pleaded looking into his eyes which were filled with hate at that point. "No. I'm tired. I'm tired of you! You only care about yourself!" he said opening the door and storming out of the car. Next thing I knew my door swung open and I felt a strong tug on my shoulder. Cameron was literally dragging me out of the car.

"Cameron! Please wait!" I screamed/cried trying not to get out of the car. Eventually I fell to the ground and looked up at Cameron. "Are you really doing this to me?"  I said gasping for air in tears. "Yes. I'm finished when it comes to you. Done." he grunted making me scared.

Cameron walked back to the driver's seat, got into the car and drove off. I was absolutely shocked! How could he leave me alone near the freeway?! I thought he loved me, I thought he cared and I was ready to tell him the truth! I didn't even have a phone!

I realised I wasn't that far from the Sinker's farm but I was pretty sure that Cora would kill me. But I've known her since like forever so she'd have to be some sort of a wicked bitch to kill her bestie.

I dragged myself off of the ground and started walking. I was thinking about Cameron. Where he was? Where he was going? What he was thinking about? If our relationship was ever going to be the same again? If our relationship even had a chance? I was screwed. 

I got up and started walking to the Sinker's farm, thinking about what I would tell her. Cars were passing me like I was nothing and I was hoping Cameron would come back and give me chance to explain.

At that moment it wasn't about telling Cameron the truth, it was about getting it off my chest. Cora had always been my therapist and I needed her more than ever at that point.

While I walked couldn't help but think about how many lives I've ruined. Not only Cameron's but Tootie's, Cora's and Dylan's life too.

Errr.