CHAPTER 15: The Truth

~STILL ALEXIA'S POV~
"Cora NO!" I screamed

I quickly got up and stood in front of Cameron. "Cora. Think about what you're doing." I said trying to calm her down. "He didn't think about what he was doing when he hurt Dylan!" she shouted pointing at Cameron using the gun. "Look. I know that you're mad but this won't solve anything." I said walking closer to her.

I got close enough to wrestle the gun out of her hands. We struggled and struggled but eventually I ripped the gun out of her hands and slid it across the room to Cameron. I could see the relief in his eyes as he tried to calm his breathing down by picking up the gun. I pushed Cora against and forced all my weight on her but soon someone from outside shoved the door open.

Cora and I both fell but Cora fell ontop of me. I wrestled her off of me only to find her dad pointing yet another shot gun at me as he stood by the doorway. How many damn shot guns does this family have?!

"Cora?" her dad (Kevin) asked while easing the gun away from me and helping his daughter up. Cameron ran up to me and also helped me up. "I thought someone was breaking in!" Kevin said. "Everything is fine dad." Cora said looking at me right in the eye. "Okay, nice to see you guys again. You guys should really stay for din-" "Dad. No." Cora rudely interrupted her father. "Thanks Mr Sinker." I said fake smiling at him as he walked out.

"Here's your gun. Cumon baby, let's go." Cameron said throwing the gun to Cora not breaking eye-contact with Cora. "Wait a minute! We're not done here!" Cora screamed following us outside of the office. "No! I think we're done!" Cameron yelled making me nervous. I didn't want to interfere because I really was afraid Cora would tell Cameron what really happened that night I came home beat up.

"Fuck you Cameron!" Cora yelled shoving Cameron. "Fuck you and your abusive boyfriend!" Cameron yelled shoving Cora back. "WTF are you talking about?!" Cora shouted.

I couldn't let Cora tell Cameron what happened that night. I quickly grabbed Cameron's hand and started bolting, we made our way to car but as we were running I saw Cora pick up the shot gun and shot at us. I screamed and we ran even faster, luckily Cora has bad aim and she completely missed us. We got into the car and Cameron drove off as fast as he could.

The ride seemed endless and guilt was over taking my thoughts. As we made our way onto the highway I decided it time. Time I told Cameron what happened that night I came home beaten up.

"Cameron.." I said shyly looking at him. His face was so intense and his jaw was doing that hot thing that guys do when they're angry. "What?" he said not taking his eyes of the road.

I'm gonna give you guys a break while I update Ugly Duckling.