Chapter 4

Y/N unintentionally fell asleep – all the tossing and turnings on her bed did nothing to drop her heavy eyelids. She woke up with a blurry view of her white ceiling, and when she realized she wasn't dead she shot up.

"Morning," Taehyung spoke from beside her. "It's like 12 in the noon by the way."

So he didn't kill me . . .

Taehyung was observing his black book full of names and dates, a few of them magically vanished and he nodded to himself. "Jimin hyung is doing well."

"Whoa, why are they just vanishing like that?"

"When a person dies, their name and details is automatically erased from the notebook."

Y/N shuffled closer to Taehyung with a curious expression; he just looked at her with squinted eyes.

"Is this some Harry Potter shit?"

"Um, Y/N –"

"How many names can this book hold huh?"

"Y/N I think –"

"Wait, who writes them –"

Taehyung got up from the corner of the bed and stuffed the black book into his pocket. "Brush your damn teeth," he wrinkled his nose and looked at her with a disgusted face, "you've got the worst morning breath I have ever encountered."

Y/N threw a pillow at him in response to that. "YEAH WELL YOU TRY BEING A HUMAN ONCE. WE ARE DISGUSTING THAT'S JUST WHAT WE ARE OK!"

"God, will you stop with your screaming?" Taehyung rolled his eyes, "I knew humans were disgusting but you are on another lev –"

His words were cut short when another pillow was thrown at his face. He grabbed it with a tensed hand, "THAT'S IT! COME HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!"

Y/N ran out of the bedroom and Taehyung chased her – a few teeth were broken that morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't you dare try and kill me on the road."

"I think you will be the one killing yourself by the way you are driving."

"What do you mean 'by the way I'm driving'?"

"I'm beginning to feel carsick, and I haven't ever even been inside a car."

HONK! HONK!

"I GET IT THE SIGNAL IS GREEN, WHATEVER!"

"This is what I meant."

"Shut up you're distracting me!"

"I distract a lot of ladies."

"Oh really? Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

Taehyung and Y/N's endless bickering filled the whole volume of her car, bounced back the walls and entered their ears as annoyance started to boil at the pit of their stomachs when they heard the other's remark.

"I don't think you have ever had a boyfriend," Taehyung scoffed.

"I did once in secondary school!" Y/N spat.

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure he left you because he discovered you have bad morning breath."

Y/N gave Taehyung the deadliest death stare ever, and if he was honest, goose bumps erupted on the skin of his back; even though she wasn't a soldier of Death she sure had the expressions for it. But Taehyung was kind of used to death stares since he dealt with Jimin a lot.

He leaned back on his seat and looked out of the car's window, "are we going to your college?"

"Yup."

"Why?" he looked at Y/N, "that something you wanted to do before doing the things on your bucket list, is it supposed to be in your college?"

"You'll see."

Y/N and Taehyung eventually reached her college. Taehyung kept looking at every direction, towards the large gates and the students and professors, and the huge campus that was littered and decorated with random grass patches and stairs.

"You've never been in a college right?" Y/N asked him as she headed up the large staircase.

"Nope."

"Do you like it?"

"Nope. I can't imagine being as busy as a college student, everyday studying and crying."

"What did I even expect," Y/N rolled her eyes, "and it's amazing to be a soldier of Death, isn't it?"

They both walked up the spiral staircase that went on and on until it reached the last floor where the college's headmaster's office was located. The staircase was so tall that Y/N and Taehyung were only halfway up.

"The other students can't see you?" Y/N asked Taehyung as they climbed higher.

"No, I can only show myself to humans if I want to, otherwise I'm invisible to them," Taehyung explained.

"Good because you're probably going to be unwelcome inside the headmaster's office."

They eventually reached the top of the spiral staircase and faced the great oak doors to the college's headmaster's office. The headmaster was seated behind the large desk, a short little man with a cloud of white hair on his head and dainty glasses on the bridge of his nose. He looked from through the thin lenses:

"Miss L/N," he spoke with a rumbling voice. "Don't you know how to knock?" As suspected, the headmaster was blind to Taehyung's presence in the room; he simply looked at Y/N with a raised eyebrow.

"Sir, I assure you this won't even take a minute," Y/N said with a sly smile stretching her lips. She cleared her throat and began: "Never say neverrrrrr."

(At this point imagine Y/N rapping with the beat of Justin Beiber's Never Say Never, Jaden Smith's part.)

"Here we go!
Guess who?
Y/N L/N uh huh?
I got some things to say,
Pay attention!
Headmaster, you better pay attention!

"Now, you're better than me, shorter than me.
And you're older than me, and weaker than me.
And you've got much more authority than me.
But you can't keep on going, shouting at me!

"I be tryna' to chill, you be tryna' to end the whole thrill,
Are you sure you not on drugs, on the power of pills.
Like you giving homework during the summer break,
And now all the students have all this shit to take, yeah!

"I'm tryna' be the best and I know titration,
All the topics of chemistry, in my brain, no revision.
So now I got an advice you,
Stop tryna' be smart, you're honestly a fool.

"I'M GONE!"

. . .

The head master took his glasses off and looked at Y/N, who was posing with two peace signs. "Yes, you are."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You seriously just wanted to roast your headmaster with a parody diss track you made?" Taehyung rolled his eyes, as he sat on the passenger seat of Y/N's car.

Y/N had the biggest smile on her face while she drove, "yup, I freaking hate him. All the work that he piles me up with all the time . . . I'm so glad I spat all those words to his face!" She laughed evilly and Taehyung just looked at her with a face.

"Humans," he muttered, "are so dumb. You know, you got kicked out of your college right after you sang your weird diss track, right?"

"Doesn't matter," Y/N shrugged, "I'm going to die and I was done with studying anyways."

Taehyung sighed, "Now, can we please move on to the things on your bucket list?"

"Mhm, sure!"