《3》

Your P.O.V

"-and then I said cool." I told Katelyn as she aggressively turned my head to look straight ahead.

"You said cool." Katelyn laughed at my frustration as she took different strands of my hair to add to the braid. She was pulling hard enough to make me want to crain my neck back. Normally it would be pretty rare for me to wear my hair in braids, but according to Pryer it looks better if all the girls match when we go out in public.

"Yes, I said cool." I said my voice coming out slightly saddened which I hadn't meant for.

"Okay then what happened." Katelyn asked, now she was nearly at the bottom of my first braid.

"Then, he asked about my parents, and then, we kissed." I said slowly, not sure if it was a wise decision to tell Katelyn and Lillian any of this.

"Was it nice?" I ignored Katelyn's question.

"Do you think I should ask Ivy what she thinks, you know since she's so close with Garroth." I asked.

Ivy had decided that the bagels Pryer got us all weren't good enough for her. She woke Katelyn up early so she could have her hair braided, and then go to the shop of her choice to get the breakfast she wanted.

"Come on are you that gullible. Ivy's probably never talked to the dude." Lillian said. Lillian already had her hair braided and since then has been sitting with her knees to her chest, not contributing to much of the conversation.

"I know she's probably lieing, but maybe she's not. Besides I wanna know what she'd say, especially if she is lieing." I said.

"I bet she'd say something like, he doesn't like you. Thats ridiculous." Lillian said trying to make her voice higher in order to mimick Ivy's.

"Oh, that's definently what she'll say." Kayelyn said. I felt Katelyn reach her hand away from my hair to grab a hairtie and then wrap it around the end of my second braid.

                                ●●●

Lillian had been voilently pulled away from Katelyn and I because aperantly Ivy gets along with her the best and would rather walk with Lillian than alone. Neither Katelyn or I had minded because Ivy seems to bother all of us in one way or another.

Katelyn and I walked almost completely silent. No one had come up and asked us any questions about who we were or even just directions like the citizens would ask any gaurd. Pryer clearly thought that there would be many questions because we were given strict instructions about how to answer almost any question we would be asked in our life time.

No one in the village really seemed to care that we were walking around the village, they didn't really have a reason to. The most attention we got was afew stares and one 'excuse me'. That is until I felt what I recognized as a hand on my arm. Learning from my mistakes, I turned around fast but not swinging my fist.

"You really need to find a better way to get my attention. Are you looking to get punched again?" I asked.

"Sorry, I don't mean to scare you." Garroth said, his eyes told me he was really sorry, which I didn't really understand. I raised my eyebrows at him, wanting him to tell me why he ran up to me.

Garroth was wearing a white shirt with a blue flanel over it, the sleves were rolled up because of how hot the air was. His hair was neatly parted to the side but it seemed to long for Garroth's liking. The sides of his hair curled up slightly and touched his neck and ears, and if his hair hadn't been parted it definitely would have layed over his eyes.

"I wanted to make sure I didnt," Garroth pulled his collar slightly to the side, "scare you off, when I, um." He was looking from Katelyn and then back to me, his reaction made me worry that he hadn't wanted anyone to know about last night.