_.|Chapter Seven|._

GIF by @/sandergifs on tumblr!

-

Virgil bit his lip as he walked into the auditorium. It was Wednesday, the day of the matinee. He was dressed in his plain black long sleeve and ripped jeans with converse hightops, the same as Reese and Remy, and semi-matching with the rest of the crew backstage and on the light deck. Reese slapped his back as he entered the theater from the student hallway entrance.

"Come on angst we have a show to do." She said. He smiled over to her as they marched down to the back of the theater to their little cave. The two set up their shop rather quickly that day. They were twenty minutes earlier than everyone else.

"How's Logan been?" Reese asked. Virgil sighed, scratching the back of his head.

"He's quiet about the whole situation. Patton has a lot of guilt. They're going to snap soon. They have to." Virgil said, turning on the sound board after realizing he hadn't before.

"That's very unlike him," Reese said. Virgil shrugged his shoulders with a sigh.

"I know, but We just have to go with it for now. They don't hold out like this for long anyway, right?" He asked. Reese dramatically shrugged, throwing her hands up into the air.

"Dude, how am I supposed to know?" She asked. Virgil turned to look at her, throwing himself back in his own chair, unsure. Before they knew it cans were rolling down the shoot from backstage, each one heisting the wall and then each other before Remy spoke into the headset.

"Want me to walk these glasses over or-"

"We have two hours until the start of the show man."

"I'm not having Logan catch me I have to deliver this down now or we both get caught."

"Fine, but I'm not making it yet. Thanks."

"It's my job."

"It is the jovial juice ingredients?"

"Yes, and I'm not making it yet."

"I know I know, just asking."

Rey pushed open the door in the back of the tech booth, two glasses one would drink water or orange juice in his right hand.

"Here," He said, handing them out to the two of them.

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad is Logan right now?" Virgil asked. Remy sighed, running a hand through his hair anxiously.

"I want to give him a good eight right now, but I don't see him going back as nine today. Tomorrow is when we have to worry." Remy said. Virgil took a mental note of the situation, nodding in agreement.

"Got it, what do I do for now?" Virgil asked.

"Just hang out until he calls for you. I'll throw in updates from backstage. There's a ton of tension today."

"Double noted." Reese said with a smile, looking over at Virgil.

"Patton's been indecisive, Logan extra bossy, this sucks." Remy said, leaning in the doorframe. Eric came out of nowhere, running up the rows Reese and virgil put their glasses behind them and simultaneously leaned on their panel in front of them to hide them.

"Logan needs extreme backup right now." Eric said out of breath as he met Remy in the doorway.

"Later losers," Remy said, pulling the door shut, nearly slamming it back into its rightful place as if it weren't broken for years already. Virgil looked to Reese, worry painted on his face.

"I think I should talk into channel one." He said. Reese shrugged.

"Right now? You sure?" She asked. Virgil threw his hands up.