Chapter 5

I hadn't even realised that I had dropped the glass bowl that had been in my hands. Not until Oliver was right next to me, asking me whether I was okay. I looked down to see that the now shards of glass had pierced my left foot. I looked up again to see the dazed face of Matthew. He looked almost as dumbfounded as me. A mirror image of my expression to be precise.

I know that he never meant for me to overhear his conversation with Oliver, but I never expected him to be speechless. Never in my life has Matt not had something to say. Maybe he thinks I am angry. Am I angry? Maybe he is just shocked. Just when I thought I had the right words, they were disrupted by Olly pulling towards a chair. He had a first aid kit in  his hand but in that moment I didn't realise what it was for. Then I felt the pain. Oh right! My foot. Damn! That stung.

While Oliver attended to my foot. I just sat there. I don't think I'm angry at Matt. Am I? Nah, I am actually kind of happy. I am happy that he thinks he is in love. I'm just recovering from the shock that he is in love AND that they had a pact not too. Matt was never, ever, the kind of guy to fall in love and I know it's horrible, but I am honestly having a hard time thinking it's an actual human being. It could very easily be himself. I've mentioned before that Matthew could be a tad bit narcissistic. We are all gonna have to talk about this but not now, because apparently I need an ER for my foot. Oh, my poor foot. Oliver may be a Dr. but he isn't the one I need right now or maybe he is...

====================================================================

I just got back from the ER, I only needed a stitch or two, I may have overreacted about my foot. I still can't comprehend what happened yesterday. Yeah, they kept me overnight, FUN! Note the sarcasm. Oliver felt that it was his duty to drive me from the hospital, even though it really wasn't his fault that I dropped a glass bowl on my foot. That's completely on me. Let me guess... you thought I was going to say Matt. Nah, I am past that. I should never have eavesdropped. Urghhh. Morals. I am spending too much time reflecting on my life with Oliver. I am super curious though and I HAVE to know more about this 'love' affair. I was again, so distracted that I hadn't even realised...

"You missed the turn Olly!"

I looked at him and he just rubbed his neck. Clearly he was nervous. I've picked up some knowledge from all those therapy sessions, I guess.

"Well... ermmm..."

Told you he was nervous. Maybe am I spending too much time with Olly. Oh well.

"We're going to Matt's house. I want answers and I know that you do too. I am equally in the dark about this 'love' thing"

That's actually comforting. He doesn't know either.

"Are you gonna explain the 'pact' thing to me?"

"Right. I was hoping you hadn't heard THAT part. Or that the foot injury gave to amnesia"

Well. I heard. That was the part that caught my attention. Wait, foot injuries give you amnesia? I didn't know that. (They don't)

"Yeah. So when Matt and I saw how depressed you'd become..."

"I wasn't that bad."

"You were. Your blue eyes turned dull grey. You didn't bother dressing nicely or brushing your hair. You barely slept. You barely smiled and you barely spoke to us. You practically hated Matt till yesterday."