The Boy In The Iceberg

A/N: This chapter will not contain the reader. She comes in the third chapter. But I'm still going to write in the beginning to jog people's memory and to torture myself I guess. And yeah some stuff changed bc I can't remember everything okay?

The boat sailed slowly along the icy stream as Sokka sat with his fishing line bobbing with the water.
"See, catching a fish is about patience. You're a girl, so I hardly expect you to understand."
"I caught one!" Katara held a sphere of water in the air with her weak bending and slowly turned to try and show Sokka. Sadly, her bubble popped upon hitting the back of his fishing rod. The water splashed on her brother's head as the fish fell back into the water and swam away.
"Why is it that whenever you play with magic water I get wet?" He looked at her annoyed by the water dripping down his dark hair and over his blue eyes.
"It's not magic, it's-,"
"Yeah yeah an ancient sacred practice that's super special blah blah blah-," Sokka mocked the art of Waterbending as Katara began fuming with rage.
"Of course you wouldn't get it. You're just jealous." She crossed her arms and turned away from him.
"What?! As if I'd be jealous of a girl like YOU. You're so weird."
"I'M weird? Says the guy who makes muscles at himself every time he sees his reflection." She smirked as Sokka pulled his sleeve back down and looked up from his reflection. He glared at her as the water became rough. Waves began throwing their small boat towards the massive icebergs they had been navigating around. Sokka grabbed the oar and tried steering but the water's pull was strong.
"Left! Go left!" Katara yelled as Sokka tried his best but the boat still was crushed between two ice slabs.
"You call that left?" Katara looked at him angrily.
"You don't like my steering, wow, maybe you should've 'water-bended' us out of the ice." He snapped back sarcastically.
"Oh so it's my fault." Katara's tone became more stern.
"I knew I should've left you home! Leave it to a girl to screw things up." Sokka day with his arms on his knees as Katara stood, growing increasingly angry at this remark.
"YOU are the most SEXIST, IMMATURE, NUT-BRAINED.. ugh, I'm embarrassed to be related to you!" Katara threw her fists back at each insult she conjured, shaking the water each time. She was yelling at this point.
"Ever since mom died, I've been doing all the work around camp while you've been off playing soldier!" She continued ranting as her watery outburst began to crack the massive iceberg behind them.
"Uhhh.. Katara?" Sokka said fearfully as he pointed a gloved finger behind his rage filled sister.
"I even wash all the clothes! Have you ever smelled your dirty socks? Let me tell you, NOT PLEASANT!" The furious water bender threw her arms behind herself once more, very roughly, throwing waves of water crashing at the ice.
"Katara, settle down!" Sokka's eyes widened in fear as he watched the water fly behind his sister into the massive chunk of solid ice.
"NO! That's it, I'm DONE helping you! From now on, you're on your OWN!" One final blow of water sent the ice into a series of cracks as both siblings gasped in fear. The chunks came off one by one as the mass broke and crashed into the water in boulder sized pieces. The ice slab the siblings sat on was pushed backwards by the waves created by the falling ice.
"Okay, you've gone from weird to freakish Katara." Sokka remarked, giving his sister a side glance of disappointment.
"You mean I did that?" Katara asked innocently as she looked back at the damage done.
"Yup. Congratulations." Sokka said as if he wasn't even surprised his sister didn't realize what she'd done.
The water below the two began to glow brighter and brighter until a massive rush of water came flying upwards from the sea. From the ocean rose a glowing blue ice block that towered above the young teens. Katara took a moment to look inside the ice to see a boy. Confusion struck her as she raised an eyebrow, watching as the boy opened his eyes, glowing bright whitish blue, along with the arrow tattoos that lined his body. Katara backed away fearfully before noting that the boy was alive.
"He's alive! We have to help! She grabbed Sokka's stick from behind him and started banging it against the ice.
"Katara, get back here! We don't know what that THING is!" He yelled as she ran.
On the fourth hit, Katara accidentally set a lucky rush of water at the ice, breaking it and more importantly setting whoever was inside free.

Sorry it's hella short but I gotta leave this one here. I promise I'll get more done soon :O