restaurant

i am currently getting ready to go to my favorite vegan restaurant. by myself, like always.

i honestly don't understand why i even remotely get 'dressed up' and 'ready' to go eat there if i'm just by myself but i feel like i owe it to myself.

so i force myself up, grab my speaker and head to my bathroom.

after about 20 minutes of jamming out and relaxing under the warm water i get out and do my full body routine; lotion, moisturizer, etc.

walking into my closet i decide that i'm just gonna wear a hoodie and jeans, cute and casual. i pick a black pair of jeans with a tan-colored blohsh hoodie, and some white high top Air Force 1's. i put light makeup on, just a little mascara and some lip balm, and i keep my curly hair down.

satisfied with my look i grab my keys, phone, and my book, i decided to read while i'm there, and head to my car. before driving off i put on one of my random playlists and the first song to come on is 'LIKE I WANT YOU' by Giveon. (a/n: y'all should listen to that song if you haven't heard it before, it's really good!)

the drive to the restaurant wasn't that long so i got there really quick. also perks for there not being any traffic!

stepping in i notice that there aren't many people in here which isn't surprising as it's like 10 or 11 at night.

greeted by a hostess, i'm lead to one of the smallest tables closer to the back of the restaurant. sitting down i put my stuff away and grab my book.

getting easily distracted by my book, i don't notice the waitress has come to get my drinking order until she clears her throat.

"oh, i'm sorry!"

"it's fine dear, what would you like to drink?" she smiles

"um, a tea please"

nodding, she walks away. and i quickly  get back to reading.

soon after, the bell on the door rings, signaling someone has come in. not caring i don't look up.

after about 5 minutes, the waitress comes back with my drink. grabbing it, i put my book down and start to look around the restaurant, observing the people.

looking around, i notice one person seems to stick out the most. they have baggy clothes, lots of rings on their fingers, and green hai- WAIT!

not wanting to believe billie eilish is in the same restaurant as me, i quickly blink a few times and look back at the person.

taking a second look it's without a doubt her, she's one of a kind. not wanting to disturb her i just open my book again and try to forget she's here.

this is crazy! like a literal goddess is standing only a few feet away from me!

not being able to completely distract myself, i look up from my book. trying not to make it seem like i'm eyeballing her i look around the restaurant before directly looking at her.

once my eyes land on her though, i notice that she's already looking at me. not knowing what to do i smile at her and then go back to hiding behind my book.

minutes go by and i have succeeded on not looking up again. when i heard her order, i swear my stomach dropped out of my ass.

not noticing a presence in front of me, it takes the chair in front of me scraping against the floor to get me to look up.

not expecting this, i look to see the girl who's merch i'm wearing sitting in front of me.

"hello love" she smiles

"hi" i smile back

"what are you doing here alone this late at night?"

"i don't really know. i come here by myself all the time. usually i just read" i point out the book in my hands

"do you read a lot?"

"yup. reading is my escape from reality" i chuckle

"what are you doing here alone this late at night?" i mimic her words

"i wanted some burritos" she smiles widely

"why am i not surprised" i laugh

we end up talking a little longer, just talking about random things. it included lot's of laughing and jokes.

"hey can i ask you something?" billie questions

"sure"

"what made you stop from coming up to talk to me early? no ones ever not come up to me"

"well, i didn't wanna disturb you. i know it's hard for celebrities, specifically you in this situation, to go out and not be notice and i always felt bad, so why do it now? you smiling at me was enough to brighten my night" i shrug

"wow, that's really thoughtful of you. thank you for that" she smiles

"it's the least i could do" i smile back

"order for Billie!" someone yells from the kitchen

hearing that, billie slowly stands up. she walks over and grabs her food and before leaving she walks back to my table.

"you know, i never got your name"

"selena"

"that's a pretty name! it was nice meeting you...selena" she says while holding her arms open for a hug

quickly, i get up and step into her arms, wrapping my own around her shoulders. she's only about 2 or 3 inches taller than me.

"maybe i'll see you around?" she asks while still in the hug

"maybe. i'm here almost every tuesday and thursday, about the same time as this" i smile

"nice to know" she smirks

"bye billie. you better go before another one of your fans, who aren't so chill, realizes you're here" i laugh while sitting back down

"you're probably right. bye-bye" she chants while walking out the door

that was definitely not the last time they saw each other.

a/n: i've been having heavy writer's block so i haven't been writing a lot between this book and my other one but i'm trying to get more chapters out! more coming soon!