adopted

this one is a little different, but it was requested so who was I to not write it for the person😌

"Seren wake up, someone's coming today. they want to adopt" i hear a familiar voice whisper yell in my ear

knowing i probably wasn't going to get adopted i ignored the voice and tried to go back to sleep.

"don't make me force you" the voice said louder, causing me to flinch

"sorry ms. clark" i say softly while sitting up

ms. clark was the head leader at this orphanage, she was the one who, as she likes to call it "keeps the girls in check".

if hitting them and locking them in the rooms is keeping them in check than yeah, she sure does do her job!

i quickly made my bed and grabbed some jeans a shirt, and a sweater before going to the bathroom.

i took a shower and brushed my teeth before getting dressed.

i let my natural wavy hair down and went back to my room.

i skipped breakfast because i was scared to get yelled at, and used that time to think about the person coming to adopt.

i knew it was a low chance of them picking me, no one wants to adopt the kid who's shy, has depression, and who's scared of everything.

my past made me this way. before i came here i was abused, mentally, physically, and emotionally.

it's not that much better here anyways. i have no friends, and the adults are the same as the ones before i got here.

god just doesn't like me i guess.

my thoughts were interrupted when i heard a loud voice coming through the speaker they had in every room.

"all girls from the ages of 13-15 please come to the main room"

sighing i stood up and walked to the main room where most of the other girls were.

there was about 6 of us and i knew all of them had a better chance of leaving this place.

"stand in a line girls" ms. clark stated

every scattered to form a line and once i was in my place i put my head down.

soon after i could hear two sets of footsteps walk into the room, but still, i was to afraid to look up.

"girls this is miss eilish, she wants to adopt one of you" ms. clark explained

wanting to take a peek, i lifted my head a little and saw a very pretty woman, who wore baggy pants and a baggy shirt.

her style is different from what i've seen but nice. it fits her.

now seeing what she looks like i put my head back down and just wait.

"could i talk to each girl for a minute? by ourselves" the woman asks

"of course. hope you are first" ms. clark says to one of the girls who steps forward and then takes the two to another room.