Chapter 42

Short filler chapter!! Sorry y'all

     It's been a few days now and Peter was right. After the mark you definitely feel the mating pull a lot. I miss him every time he leaves. It's insane. But like he said as well, it's more doable. I can handle it.
There's going to be a huge fight tonight. Scott, Derek, and I are meeting with the alphas. Peter doesn't know. He'd kill me or chain me up if he knew. That's another cool thing. Now that we've marked the mate marks, I got even more of his strength which makes me a stronger werewolf.
The downside to this, is that being marked it unleashed stronger feelings, which causes us to struggle a lot. He and I both agreed on waiting. But being mates and being fully marked, it's begging us to take us mates to the next level.
Which is why Peter isn't here right now actually. We decided even though it's hard that it would be best to take some space every now and then to keep that temptation at bay.
He says he will wait till I'm ready, but would prefer me to be over 18. And to be honest I don't think I'll even be ready then...
"Mal! It's time to go!" Stiles yelled out dragging me from my thoughts.
   We got to the place, and Instantly wolfed out, seeing Kali and remembering how she tortured me brought back a lot of memories.
Scott, Derek and I started fighting, I stayed close to Derek. Maybe if Peter found out he'd feel better I was with Derek.
Derek was fighting off ennis and I was helping. But something happened. Ennis fell down the hole. Bringing Derek with him.
"Derek!!!!" I screamed trying to reach him.
"No!" I screamed out crying as I fell to the ground.
I looked down and saw Derek laying there, lifeless.
"N-n-nooo Derek." I cried
I felt arms wrap around my waist pulling me away from the edge.
"Shhh Mal" Scott whispered with pain in his voice as well.
"He's dead Scott, hes dead." I cried feeling my shirt getting wet.
"Scott are you ok?" I ask wipping my tears away.
"It's just a scratch, come on." Scott answered as we walking out of the building.
   That night we got home around 2 in the morning. I smelt Peters scent as soon as I walked through the doors. I ran upstairs as fast as I could, and there he was sitting in my bed waiting for me.
"Peter" I cried out running over and engulfing him in a hug.
"D-d-Derek he d-didn't make it." I sobbed out.
Peter I can tell was affected by this. His body tensed at the thought of that.
"I was there. I was next to him. But I couldn't save him." I cried out practically sitting in Peters lap with my head buried into his neck, crying.
"It's not your fault." Peter whispered running his fingers through my hair.
"Shhh, it's ok Mal." He whispered soothingly.

Aw poor Mal!  Sorry for the long wait guys just been trying to put together my ideas and plans! Reminder to vote and comment so I know your enjoying this book! ❤️❤️