CHAPTER 7 - Negotiations, Part 2

Pariah Dark took about two days to a) process the fact that Danny completely and utterly disrespected him and b) calm himself down after the fact. He knew he had to get these negotiations out of the way, so after procrastinating another day, he sent Fright to get his fiance.

He had a bit of a wait in the War Room, and he guessed it was because Danny had raised some Hell about coming. He was proven right when he saw Danny's annoyed expression and Fright's weary one. After Fright announced Danny's arrival and left, Pariah Dark gestured the halfa in and to the chair opposite his own. Danny sat down, and an awkward silence resonated for a few minutes.

"We need to complete the term negotiations," Pariah Dark finally spoke up. "Preferably before your eighteenth year."

Danny really couldnt tell if Pariah Dark was making a dry joke or not, but he went with 'not'. "Right," he replied. "So. What do we do today?" Pariah Dark ignored the almost mocking tone and opened his journal again, looking over his written thoughts.

"...Perhaps..." he began slowly, getting Danny's attention, "...we COULD try to find middle ground in our ruling methods." He glanced up at Danny, who blinked in surprise. "Perhaps we synergize our ruling methods depending on the situation, and see how that works out. It's just a suggestion."

Danny was still blinking at the Ghost King, incredulous to his sudden compromising attitude. Still, he really didnt want to push his luck today, and just nodded. Pariah Dark nodded back,and turned a page.

"Your second term was for me to stay out of the human world. This I can easily promise. However, for that to happen, I want assurance that humans will not come HERE." He gave Danny a level stare. "Which means all artificial portals are to be destroyed, and any future ones that are created to be immediately dispatched. It is only fair."

Danny thought about it for a moment and realized that yes; it WAS fair. Afterall, ghost activity escalated when his parents made the Fenton Portal, and if it was permanently shut down , as well as Vlad's, then ghost activity in the human world would continue in the natural portals as normally as before. That, and his friends and family would be safe. So he nodded. "It's fair," he concurred.

Pariah Dark nodded, and turned the page. "That will, however, cause problems with your third term," he said. "Unless you can find a natural portal into the human world, or create portals yourself, visiting your friends and family will prove difficult."

Danny sighed, leaning back in his chair. Damn hindsight... How was he supposed to ease around THAT clause? He racked his brain for a few minutes for an answer, and his memory brought up three years back, when he faught his future self. Wasnt his evil self able to create portals? He may learn that in this future, so he saved that as a possibility, and turned his attention back to Pariah Dark. "Alright," he said. "I can figure something out later."

The Ghost King nodded again, glad he was getting through this quickly and without hassle. "Now your fourth term," he said, running his finger down his own writing, "leaves much to be discussed. I can understand that you want say in running the kingdom; it's only natural, what with you its future Prince, but I need to know that we will at least be on the same proverbial page on important matters. I would be most displeased if you made a major decision without my consent." He gave Danny a level stare, and Danny nodded back.

"I understand," Danny replied. "But I want the same from you." He sat up straighter in his chair. "Many ghosts here are my friends and allies. If YOU made an important decree that would hinder them, or wouldnt be fair for their best interest, it would reflect badly on ME." He stared Pariah Dark right in the eye. "I worked HARD to earn their trust and friendship, Pariah, and I DONT want to lose that."