Artemis: Revelations

"Artemis"

That cold voice of Perseus sent shivers on my back. How that voice used to be comforting and now it is sending me shivers is beyond my understanding. All I knew was that I was going to figure out what was wrong with him.

"Percy-"

I was interrupted by him, "Call me Perseus."

I flinched and said, "Fine Perseus. I want to know why you are here."

He rolled his eyes and said, "Look around. Last I knew you were a huntress so you should first look at the surroundings than at the occupant."

I flinched again and looked around to see gold dust in a large variety. I turned to Perseus and said, "You killed so many monsters?"

He nodded stiffly and said "Yeah but I know you aren't here for that. So why are you here?"

I sweat-dropped and said, "I felt some unusual power surge in this part of the forest, so I came to see what was wrong and I saw you here looking around. Then I called you."

He shook his head and said, "What about the other Olympians? Where are they?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know."

He nodded and turned around. I grasped his shoulders to stop him from flashing away. I said, "I know that the boy was you Perseus."

He froze and turned to me and asked, "What did you say?"

I repeated, "I know that the boy was you. When you came to Mount Othrys. I knew it was you. It took me some time to figure it out but now I am sure."

He narrowed his eyes and said, "Prove it that it was me."

I looked away from him and said, "No mere demigod can hold the sky. Only immortals can hold it. So, when you picked it up, I half-expected the boy to get crushed but when I saw you picking it up, I knew that the boy was in control. Only after thinking about it, I figured it was you."

He looked down and muttered something. I turned to him and asked, "What did you say?"

He chuckled nervously and said, "Nothing. I should probably go now."

I tightened my grip on his shoulder and said, "No. I won't let you go now. I finally meet my friend after decades, and you are leaving. No. Stay."

He shook his head and said, "What friend Artemis? I don't see any of your friends over here, considering you even have friends."

I winced involuntarily and said, "But we are friends Perseus."

He straightened and said, "Were. We stopped being friends when you left because of Orion. By the way, I noticed a constellation in the sky. Of your love, Orion."

I cringed and said, "He wasn't my love."

He laughed humourlessly, "Could've fooled me."

I glared at him and slapped him. I continued glaring and said, venomously, "ORION. WAS. NOT. MY. LOVE. He never could be."

I took deep breaths and looked at him, but he was looking away. He glanced at me before looking away and said, "I am going to go. Don't try to find me. I'll think about what you said and contact you myself."

With that he flashed away, leaving me alone in the forest. I stood up, trying to keep my tears at bay and flashed to my temple. The hunters can manage in CHB for one more day.

I fell on the bed and released all my pent-up emotions. I cried, I punched the walls and all that stuff.

Eventually, I fell asleep. Fortunately, no dreams or nightmares. It was a peaceful sleep, considering over the time I won't be getting much.

After some hours, sunlight shone through my temple, no doubt Apollo getting up to do his duties. I woke up and yawned before yesterday's events came crashing down at me. I released a tear before hardening myself.

Crying won't get me Percy back.

I flashed myself new clothes and freshened up before flashing to the camp. It has been years since I have been here. I don't particularly like the boys and some girls (*cough* Aphrodite's cabin *cough*) in this camp. They are particularly annoying and always bother my hunters with trying to find love or hitting on them.

They don't really get that far though without getting an arrow where sun doesn't shine.

The only thing I like is the games that the Camp plays every summer. Whenever my hunters visit, its pretty much a tradition for them to win. We must be at around 100th win by now.

The Camp I preferred the most was Camp Forgotten, but it was destroyed. I was just glad Perseus was able to evacuate the demigods before Zeus slaughtered them.

Although I can't help but feel a sense of foreboding on the back of my head. That something had gone terribly wrong and we were in big trouble.

Back to the topic, I flashed to my cabin and noticed the hunters packing their things and looking like they had seen much better things. Normally, when they were told to leave the camp they used to be cheerful but now everyone was glum and looking grim.

I frowned and asked, "Girls what's wrong?"

The girls looked up and noticed me and sighed together and Phoebe said, "Nothing milady. The quest returned and the son of Poseidon told us that Zoe and Bianca had died. We are just mourning their loss."

I nodded and exclaimed, "But we need to get moving. The monsters wont kill themselves."

The girls nodded, not at all convinced to get cheery so I added, "Also, Zoe wouldn't want us to be sad over her death."

This got to them as they looked up with fiery determination and nodded in sync before hurrying to pack their stuff and the stuff of younger hunters.

I went out of the cabin and tried recruiting any more hunters as I could but no one wanted to join so I went back to my cabin and noticed all the hunters ready.

I said, "Girls, before we go, I want to introduce you to our new lieutenant, Thalia, daughter of Zeus and my half-sister."

With that I snapped my fingers and Thalia appeared in all her glory, shield out, spear out and ready in position. I rolled my eyes as all the hunters flinched when they saw her shield.

I turned to Thalia and said, "Go introduce yourself to them."

She nodded and ran over to the hunters and began chatting with them. I silently flashed them to our new campsite but none of them noticed as they were busy talking to their new lieutenant.

I sighed and set my tent and lay on my bed, contemplating where Percy was.