Chapter 19

*Re-uploading after some glitch on Wattpad*

1 year later
[HANA'S POV]

"Hey Jimin, I've got a surprise for you!" I exclaimed over the phone.

He chuckled.

"Well, I have one too!" He replied.

I widened my eyes. "What's it!?" I yelled and he laughed.

"Gosh, you tell me first," he said.

I scoffed.

"Ladies first Hana, You tell me" He commanded.

"Well, I wrote different entrance exams and I got placed in all of them, while I'm choosing Seoul National University," I said timidly.

I didn't wanna brag, but the way I said might have turned out like that.

He gasped out aloud.

"Are you kidding me? You seriously got placed in all of the ones you wrote?" he shouted over the phone.

"Well the other ones are Seoul Women's University, Cyber University, Hanyang University and Yonsei University and I chose the Seoul national uni" I answered.

"Wow, Is this the same girl who was teased for a bad score? whoa, Hana, I can't believe this"

I snorted.

"Do you really need to remind that?" I groaned.

"Well if you weren't teased, you would have never become my friend" he replied the last few words barely a whisper.

I immediately regretted what I just said.

"That's true Jimin-ah and I'm honestly happy I met you back then and you motivated me. That's the main reason why I stand here today" I replied and he hummed.

"That's true, you've proved yourself and now you've made us proud" he praised.

" Do you know where Arie got into?" I asked, checking if he knows.

"Yeah, she texted me yesterday saying she'll be attending Hanyang University, why didn't you pick Hanyang you both could've been together right?" He asked.

"Well, but Seoul National University is the best and most prestigious" I shrugged.

"So what's your good news?" I asked.

"Well, you wanna hear it?" he asked.

"Duh! Spill" I said impatiently.

"Well, Hana" he began and I could hear his deep breath.

"Yes, mochi?" I asked.

"I-" he continued, breathing heavily once more.

"You?" I whispered and my heart started racing.

He was reacting as if he was about to confess.

Gosh, Hana stop he's your freaking best friend! I internally yelled.

Why did I feel like this?

Do I... Like him?

I was snapped out of my thoughts as soon as I heard his voice.

"Hana I'm debuting" he exhaled sharply as if he was holding his breath for long enough to tell the news.

My eyes widened and my heart raced faster.

I don't think I would have reacted like this even if he had confessed.

Well, my heart would've stopped in surprise, but yeah.