Chapter 6

Over at CCPD, Mitch and Joe were with the rest of the Police Officers in the Precinct and Cisco and Dr. Wells were showing off their new invention to prevent Captain Cold from freezing any of them.
Joe was sorting through some files, Mitch was leaning against the door frame, with his arms crossed his chest.
"Uh, excuse me," Cisco announced. "If I could have everybody's attention, please."
"You have our attention, Mr. Ramon." Captain Singh told him.
"Okay, check it," Cisco said with glare goggles on his head and a machine that looks like one of those guns from the Ghostbuster movies. "So Dr. Wells and I, we took you ballistic shields and..." Cisco paused. "and we lined them with a pretty sweet compacted heating ribbon designed to repel temperature at especially those reaching absolute zero, like Captain Cold's gun." Cisco presented.
"And that's supposed to keep us from getting turned into popsicles?" A fellow officer asked from the crowd.
"Um, yeah," Cisco said nervously. "Yeah, they will."
"How are we supposed to trust anything from S.T.A.R. Labs after you nuked the city?" another officer asked from the crowd of officers.
"You're right," Cisco admitted. "You're right, you shouldn't trust us. What happened a year ago.. that was our fault. And we can't change the past, as much as we wish we could. But tomorrow is a different story. Tomorrow's a different thing. We just want the chance to make things better." Cisco said and then paused. Then he turned on the gun and aimed it at a reinforced shield protecting a dummy in a S.W.A.T. uniform. When he shot the gun a patch of ice melted off of the shield and then the shield was unharmed. Everyone chattered in astonishment and excitement.
Captain Singh walked over to Cisco who was smiling. "Dummies are one thing." Captain Singh said. "My officers are another." Captain walked back to his office.
Joe noticed the smile across Dr. Wells's face. "You seem pleased with yourself, doctor." Joe pointed out.
Dr. Wells looked at him, then Mitch turned his attention towards their conversation. "Well, I'm just happy to help the police catch Snart, Joe." Dr. Wells answered him.
"Barry might be able to help too," Joe suggested.
"I think Cisco's heat shields are more than up to the task." Dr. Wells said. "And, Joe, if Barry feels he's gonna endanger lives by taking on Snart and, conversely, feels he's gonna save lives by training to take on the man in yellow..." Dr. Wells paused himself. "That's ultimately his call."
"You know what makes Barry so special?" Joe asked. "He wants to help everyone he can, however he can. Always has." Joe said. "Until now."
"I guess it's just a question of priorities then." Dr. Wells told him.
"You know, Barry said the exact same thing to me and Mitch," Joe recalled. "And I thought, 'doesn't sound like him.' I guess because it sounds like you." Joe said with an unhappy frown across his face.