Chapter 14

When Snart and Rory left Caitlin and Mitch alone to rot. Mitch was trying to break his thumbs so he could get out of the chair. "STOP!" Caitlin yelled. "What are you doing?"
"Breaking my thumbs and then making my hands able to just slip out of the restraints." he explained.
"You do that, but what it the bombs that we're sitting on are pressure plated." Caitlin said stating an obvious.
Mitch looked at the bomb. "It's not pressure plated," Mitch said.
"How do you know that?" she asked.
"If it were, with us moving around trying to get out we'd already be dead." Mitch explained. Then he braced himself.
"How many times have you been tied up?" Caitlin asked.
"Tied up as in on accident or on purpose?" Mitch asked with a smirk.
Caitlin couldn't help but smile back. "I'm serious." She laughed.
Mitch braced himself again, he took a deep breath and then snapped his thumbs out of their sockets and quietly moaned to himself in pain. Caitlin winced as she heard the thumbs crack. Mitch got his hands free then, popped the thumbs back into place. "No matter how many times you do it," Mitch commented. "It still hurts like a son of a bitch." Caitlin widen her eyes and surprise at the fact that he ws joking around at a time like this. He then bent over in his chair and untied the restraints around his ankle. He couldn't get them out. He reached into his back pocket. They took his jacket when they kidnapped him and Caitlin. He pulled out a Swiss Army Pocket Knife that looked old and worn out. He cut the restraints from around his ankles. He got down to look at the bomb. Mitch walked away and went to Caitlin and check the bomb on her chair. That one was somehow pressure plated. If she gets up then the bomb would go off. "Um, I'm going ot cut the restraints, once I do run like hell, don't stop and don't look back, understand." Mitch ordered calmly.
"No," Caitlin said. "Not without you."
"I'll be right behind you." Mitch promised her.
Caitlin looked at him serious. Mitch cut the restraints on her hands. He looked at her asking her if she was ready to run. She nodded her head yes. He went to cutting the ankle restraints, once he got to the last one. Caitlin got up out of the chair running as fast as she could out of the warehouse next to the dock. Mitch was right behind her. He grabbed his jacket and ran with it in his hands. The bomb under Caitlin's chair made the other bomb go off making a bigger explosion, as the explosion got closer behind them they jumped into the Central City River next to the docks. They stayed under and swam to where there was no fire on top of the water.
Once they both rose to the surface, they both were gasping for air. Mitch looked back at the explosion, as the warehouse was engulfed in flames Cisco was up on the other side of the dock with Joe standing behind them. Mitch and Caitlin swam to them and Mitch climbed out of the water and Cisco and Joe helped Caitlin out of the water.
"Where are they?" Mitch asked angry and out of breath.
"Porter and main." Joe said.
Mitch squeezed his nose with the water stuck up his nose. Caitlin sat on the dock shivering.
"Are you guys alright?" Cisco asked.
"Just wet and pissed." Mitch said. "Joe, can you take there?"
"What are you gonna do?"
"I'm going to give Snart real good talking too." Mitch said.
"Follow me," Joe said knowing that he wasn't going to be able to talk Mitch out of doing something reckless.
"We'll drop you two at S.T.A.R. Labs to help Barry." Joe said. Cisco helped Caitlin off the ground and helped her to the car. Joe got in thte driver's side Cisco, in the passenger's side and Mitch and Caitlin in back.
They were driving through the night. Caitlin was still shivering, Mitch came in close to Caitlin and had his arms wrapped around her. Caitlin felt his suprisingly warm and comforting body close to her. They stayed like that until they got to S.T.A.R. Labs.
"Thank you." Caitlin said. "I think that if you weren't caputred with me, then I wouldn't get out of that warehouse alive."
"You're welcome." Mitch said.