[18] MEAN GIRLS

"So I got a call from Claudia Hoffman today confirming our reservation

"So I got a call from Claudia Hoffman today confirming our reservation." Laurie says with a smile as she, Andy, Jacob, and May sit at the diner.

May had been spending a lot of time with the Barber family ever since her mother began allowing her, and she was the happiest she's been in a long time.

"For what?" Andy questions. "Oh. God, I completely forgot." He realizes. "What?" Jacob asks, leaning over May, who sat beside him, to take one of her fries.

"Mexico." Andy explains. "Wow. Felt like forever ago." Jacob comments. "Should've heard how nervous she sounded on the phone." Laurie raises her eyebrows. "Yeah, I bet." Andy nods.

"Well, it's Christmas week, so if we wanna cancel, we need to do it now." Laurie tells. Andy turns to look at Jacob, checking if he wanted to go. "I say we go."

"Hey, May, if you'd like to come with us and your mother allows it, we'd be glad to take you." Laurie offers. Jacob turns to his girlfriend, smiling.

"Sure, why not?" She chuckles while the boy wraps an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to his side.

"I'll ask my mom later today." She grins. After a moment of silence, Andy begins to sing. "Feliz Navidad."

Laurie chuckles. "Please do not." Jacob playfully rolls his eyes. "Oh, please do." May teases, sipping from her iced tea.

"Feliz Navidad." Laurie joins in this time, then May. "Shut up." Jacob nudges the girl beside him, who lightly laughs.

***
May sits on the couch back at Jacob's house, leaning into his side while reaching over to take some popcorn from the bowl on his lap.

It was May's turn to pick a movie for movie night, and so she picked Mean Girls.
"I don't get what's so good about this movie." Jacob comments.

"Uh, like, everything. It's a classic!" May responds. "It's hilarious. Top comedy. Not like whatever bullshit you always make me watch." She jokes.

"No, I make you watch the real classics. Not your knock off classics." He rolls his eyes. "Oh— okay, okay. Listen." May points at the TV.

"She doesn't even go here!"

Jacob lets out a small laugh, causing May to smile. "Got you to laugh." She nudges him. "Don't let that get to your head." He mocks.

May shakes her head, leaning upwards and pecking his lips, before looking down at her phone. "Oh, good news. My mom says yes to Mexico." She tells, holding up the phone.

"Yes!" Jacob exclaims, laughing. "I just feel bad, though. For leaving her all alone, you know? Dad's still gone." May admits.

Jacob furrows his eyebrows, lashing the movie. "Maybe this could be a good thing, May. To take some time off from everything." Jacob takes her hand.

"Yeah, I guess." She shrugs. "Still wanna watch the movie?" Jacob asks. "Cause we don't have to if you're too tired out." He raises his eyebrows.

"No, no. No matter how tired I am, we're watching this. Don't try to get out of this." She smirks, taking the remote, and pressing play.

"Hey, May?" Jacob asks, looking down at the girl. She hums in response, looking up to face him. Surely, he leans in, gently pressing his lips against hers.

May slowly sits up in the process, leaning more towards him, holding her hands on his shoulders. The both of them felt so free just then.

It finally hit them that it was all over. That they could put this trial behind them and just be happy for once in a long while. After a minute or two, they pull away, smiling to one another.

May purses her lips, grinning widely as she leans back into his side as he wraps his arm around her shoulder.

And just when the movie was ending, the both of them had fallen asleep on the couch, later to be found by Andy, who had turned of the television with a chuckle,.

Authors note
Sorry for the short chapter,
but it's just a small filler
before Mexico!!