Chapter 8: Son?!

*Unedited*

~Wynter's POV~
(5 month time skip)

Its been 5 months since Dylan died and I still don't feel like I used to. Ive gotten somewhat better but I still hurt inside. I'm laying in bed when I hear an unfamiliar voice downstairs.

"WYNTER COME DOWN HERE!" Mom yelled.

I walk downstairs to be greeted by a boy about my age. In my opinion he is pretty good looking! "Hi." I casually say.

"Wynter this is Kayden, my son." Michael says.
(pic posted)

"You have a son?!" I ask.

"Yep. He's 17. I never told you because I was scared about some things but now I know I shouldn't."

"Ok cool."

"Why don't you too go talk in the backyard?" Dad says.

Skye was at her friends house right now so she wasn't in the way. I may be no Sherlock but I do think my parents are trying to set me up with Kayden though. To be honest he is really attractive and he seems like a nice guy.
Kayden and I sit on the deck steps as he moves a little closer to me.

"My dad told me what happened about your last boyfriend and I'm so sorry for your loss. A girl should never have to go through that." He says holding my hands.

"Thanks. But I don't know if I will ever recover. I'm just too broken." I say looking down at my feet.
Kayden then stops holding my hands and brings me in for a hug. My heart starts beating really fast and I felt something Ive never felt before. We probably hugged for a good 5 minutes until we pulled apart.
Emily, Michael's wife then comes outside with frozen lemonade.

"I still can't believe that's your son." I tell her.

"Hahah. I was pretty shocked myself to be honest. He has more hair than Michael had at his age." She said back.

Michael then comes outside and kisses her right in front of Kayden and I making us feel a little uncomfortable. I brought him up to my room and closed the door.

"So, are you ok?" Kayden asks.

I barely knew him but I felt like I could tell him anything. "Ye- what am I saying. No. I'm not ok."

"Whats wrong?"

"I feel as if I will never find true love again and I feel alone. Everyone has been giving me space. My best friend Aubrey tries coming over but my parents send her home telling her to leave me alone. Believe it or not it feels so nice to talk to someone besides my parents a little sister." I say as I tear rolls down my cheek.

"Awww. I'm sorry. I want to try to put you together again." He says wiping the tear off my cheek.

We bond for a while asking questions and telling stories. I managed to find out that he is in fact single.
Then, time stopped and before I knew it our faces were leaning in close and Kayden cupped my face as he kissed me slowly but softly. After, I blushed and he scratched his neck as I turned on the tv. During the middle of the movie I was pulled out my room by Emily.

"I seen you and my son kiss." She grins.

"Oh god." I say covering my face with my hands.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Michael. By the way your parents were trying to get you to become good friends not boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Were not dating! It was one kiss!" I whisper.

"Yea, for now." She smirks as she walks away.

I walk back into my room and plop down onto the bed and sigh.

"What did my mom say?" Kayden asks.

I explained to him the whole story and he just let out a big sigh and rubbed his face with his hands.

~Kayden's POV~

After I got back from Wynter's house with my parents I go up to my mom.
"Mom really!?" I say.

"Shh." She smiles.

I go up to my room and start playing video games when I get called downstairs.

"KAYDEN DERRICK CLIFFORD GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!" Dad yells.

"Fuck." I mumble as I head downstairs.

"Sit. We need to talk."

I sit on the couch and wait for him to speak.

"When I said, try to become good friends with Wynter I didn't mean kiss her!"

"I'm sorry! I just feel something when I'm around her!" I defend.

"Son, both you and her have a history of relationships, and this is the reason why I didn't want you guys to meet."

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"All I'm going to say is that her ex Cole, raped her. She claims he didn't to her parents but she told me the truth. Also, because he raped her she got pregnant. That pregnancy later on turned into a miscarriage. Then she got with Dylan and had a mental disorder, later on Dylan died." He explains.

"Oh my god dad. Thats worse than me. Her life has been a living hell so far!"

"Yea, thats why I don't want you guys in a relationship. Stay friends son, please." He said leaving the room.

Everyone always said that my dad used to be stupid, and dirty, and immature but I don't see it. Luke said and I shall quote, "Michael's grown some daddy instincts. Its what happens when you have kids. You have to grow up."

I do want to date Wynter though and I'm determined to make her mine behind my parents back.

Thanks for 2K reads on this fanfic guys! Also I feel like this chapter is happier c: Also I picture Michael's son like in the pic and the guy is the pic is really attractive lol. Well plan on faster updates guys because I'm on break starting christmas eve :)

-PixelatedMichael
XOXOXOXOXO