30 : CLOSER

"HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE?"

It has been exactly one day since that incident happened and that one day was tiring.

The teachers are busy preparing for the upcoming prom which is due tomorrow. Students are also fasting themselves up by what they will wear or what hairdo will fit them.

But as for Taehyung, it's not his suit he's getting ready at. It's the matter of courage he will take to ask Jennie out to be his date.

And also the fact that guilt is still inside of him because he has been avoiding Jisoo. He didn't see the girl anywhere too.

He couldn't help but to feel uncertain and curious.

Where's Jisoo?

Taehyung continues to walk. Unlike those other times where the students would spare a glare at him, they're too occupied this time by talking about the prom or by asking their crushes out.

He fidgets on his fingers. It's so hard to ask Jennie to be his prom date because she might say no or she might have a date already.

Kim Jennie is a beautiful girl, Taehyung's sure that a lot of guys are asking her already.

He shakes his thoughts out.

The classes for today are postponed. The teachers decided to do that for the students so they can prepare the gym for the prom.

And that's great. Taehyung thinks.

He wouldn't see Jisoo at his History class.

Or Yoongi in Music or Literature class

And even Jennie in Science class.

The thought made Taehyung frown a little. Today, he's assigned to clean the gym at the morning. Jisoo is there too, he wonders if he can still avoid her.

He's also secretly wondering if Jennie is coming to the gym.

After some time, Taehyung is now facing the gym's doors. Opening it gently, creating a soft creek sound, inside there are some students already.

Once again, they didn't mind him.

They kept talking and talking whilst sitting on the bench, holding their equipments for cleaning.

Taehyung walks over to the storage room which is located on the left side of the stage. Scrunching his nose in disgust as the dust tickles his nose, he grabs one broom.

By the time he faces the bench, the students are already scattering all over the place. They're already cleaning. Taehyung decided to copy their actions, but, he cleans an area wherein there's not that much people.

He is carefully sweeping off the dust on the floor when someone taps his shoulder, making him stop. Turning around, Taehyung widens his eyes.

"J-Jisoo," the guilt is now washing over his whole body. Jisoo's eyes are lifeless, there are dark circles below her eyes, and her lips are chapped.

"Are you okay? You look sick." Taehyung tries to sound normal, but his voice comes out shaky. He is still guilty about the fact that he did that to Jisoo.