38 : AGHAST

"ALL I WANT IS NOTHING MORE,
TO HEAR YOU KNOCKING ON MY DOOR"

Cold scents. Radiating pulses. Weeping people on a chair, biting their complicated nails. Anxiety dwelling up on their repugnant wounds. Doctors and nurses running around the whole building.

Crying.

Lozenges.

Empty hospital beds.

Folding of blankets.

Clocks and watches announcing a wistful time of death.

And panic-striken anxious human beings.

Jennie feels so little in her sweater. The aura of the hospital is nothing but terrifying. Deja vu strikes in her head and it almost weakens her now fragile state.

Memories of yesterday call upon her golden strings of happiness, wrecking her used to be birthday-rush excitement. All of her jolly introductions earlier melt down on her bones, gnawing on her esophagus but she refuses to scream.

She can't scream.

Jennie looks around her, seeing Yoongi on her left. He wears a stoic yet frantic face, his eyes are shifting from left to right, hands shaking with his adam's apple bobbing. Jennie softens her eyes, diverting her gaze to the right and this time, Jisoo takes her eyesight.

Jisoo is the worse from the three. She's continously shedding tears from her deep onyx eyes. Her face is all red and wet, knees getting weak with every step they take. Jisoo was the one running her way here and she wouldn't let Jennie and Yoongi to come with her but Jisoo also had no choice.

She couldn't be selfish right now.

Jennie bites her lips, sighing loudly as she shudders. She might look fine or okay, but she's not. Jennie is dying inside. She feels like her whole existence becomes a wretching pool of anxiety, a bellowing agony ready to be tested amongst the garden of calmness. And all if that sufferings just because she couldn't stop thinking about the one person they're going to see right now.

Taehyung.

The boy Jennie loves is now laying on a cold bed in a room full of lonely shadows; he's alone.

Walking feels like forever with these endless obstacles called 'hallways'. Everywhere Jennie looks the people are all about praying, crying, wishing, and constant sobbings ─ that did not help the situation the three of them are in. It makes things worst. Jennie is beyond nervous about what happened to Taehyung and why he is inside this hell.

Did he get hit by a bus?

Did he tripped or something?

Was there an accident?

Is he... sick?

Jennie doesn't know ─ she doesn't want to know. All she wants right now is to see Taehyung ─ to see if he's alright. But the cold gashes of the airconditioned wind tells her otherwise.

Still, Jennie's heart is aching from the happenings earlier. One second she was all happy and jubilant, the other second she was crying and seeing Taehyung's eyes that were screaming pain. Jennie hates it. She hates the way she just stood there and watched him walk away. She hates the way she didn't explain to him what really happened. She hates the way this has to happen.

If only she did something to stop him ─ Taehyung wouldn't be here.

He wouldn't be here in this god forsaken place.