CHAPTER 14

(You can listen to it meanwhile reading)

I woke up with tears in my eyes and my cheeks all wet. I sit on my bed looking at my window realizing it's still nighttime.

I looked at my phone and saw it is 4 am.

Fuck.

I stretch myself and grab my Mac. I walk over to my couches which are placed in front of my balcony and open the window doors immediately feeling the cold air in my face.

My pants and hoodie covered me so I wasn't cold. Octavia fell asleep in Tris room. We had a spare room which nobody used so we decided to make it Tris.

Yesterday after training I didn't see Jason. I immediately went to sleep after and here I am.

Again.

I decided to put on some relaxing music my brother used to listen to.

Sitting down in the middle of the night thinking about my fucking dream. I heard my door open and saw Tris on the door looking at me with a small smile.

"Hi." I was really surprised seeing her here.

"I couldn't sleep." She softly said.

"Same. You can stay here if you want." I said. She walked towards the window and sat next to me on the small couch.

"Bad dream?" I asked. She just stayed silent and I knew she had one.

"It's fine. I have been having them a lot." I said. Her eyes went towards mine and I gave her a small smile.

"May I ask why?" She said.

I sighted feeling a small knot down my throat.

"It is a long story." I chuckled making her laugh.

"We have literally all night." She said.

One of my favorite songs started playing. To Build a Home by Cinematic Orchestra.

"When I turned 17, my parents were in a terrible accident and I was involved. Cameron did terrible things to us. And it really did damage me somehow." I paused for a second and looked at her.

"Obviously my brother saved me. He rescued me with Lorenzo, Ace, and Stephen. Cameron was going to keep me with him but they arrived before something worse happened."

"I saw things I wish I have never seen. And no one should ever experience. Watching your parents get killed in front of you is something you can't unsee." I closed my eyes trying to hold tears from falling.

"I obviously came home and for almost six months shitty dreams always appeared. The fear of closing my eyes and being afraid of everything happening again. The fear of closing my eyes and just the image of my parents appearing. It was rough those months but as always Connor helped me as well as Lorenzo and Stephen." I said. I looked out the window and smiled remembering everything they have done for me.

"After everything. I met Jason. We were in the same school even though he was 19 almost 20 years old." I laughed.

"Why was he in school." Tris laughed.

"He found out someone from Camerons man was going to my school so he decided to check it out." I rolled my eyes but in the end a small smile appeared on my face.

"In the end I am really grateful he was there. He helped me throw some stuff and I met him for the first time."

"My brother decided for me to stay with Jason and that's when I found out he was a gang leader. I was shocked at first but in the end things made more sense."

"After some time staying with him, I was taken away. By Cameron. He hold me hostage for a month and did terrible things I can't explain. All those memories and all the scars he has given me have gave me nightmares, anxiety, and has damaged me mentally. Jason has helped me as well as everyone in this house. Nightmares and dreams will always show and will never leave." I said.

I sighed and looked out the window. The night was pitch black only the moon was shiny, giving us a little light.

"Then my brother passed away." My voice cracked at the end of the sentence, "and everything became worse."

I looked towards Tris and she was looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"May I ask why your brother became part of Camerons gang?" I asked. She looked at me,

"We needed money." Tris said, "My parents left us alone and we needed money for our apartment." She said. The softness and the way she talked made me feel sad. I could already tell things were fucked up.

"I obviously had a job except from Max. He always went out with some dudes and either got a lot of money or lost everything."

"He got in trouble and he told me we had to stay at someone's place for protection."

"In the end. He got it, but I didn't." She said.

"I promise that you are safe now." I told her, "It will be hard to stop remembering and is something that no one should ever go through. But we did."

"There aren't words. There is no forgetting. Because it's right here," I said pointing to my head.

"Forever."

------------------

Sorry for taking so long posting and for a small chapter :(

I decided to take a break but finally I am starting to write again!!!

Thank you for 10k!!!!