Forever isn't for everyone

First chapter of the book. Words per chapter range from 2000 to 2500.

This is a story based on my opinions and thoughts of any relationship these days.

The lockdown phase of 2020 isn't included in any of my books. Please note it.

AshuX
***

"If we ever marry, will I have to eat this stuff forever?" Chance looked at the blackbean noodles with a pout.

I frowned at him, "Blackbean noodles are my favourite and of course, if we marry, you have to eat this everyday!"

"Why don't you just marry one of your kind? I don't know, maybe Mitch? I'm bored of eating noodles and listening to Kpop!" Chance's words left my mouth agape.

I scoffed, "I will happily marry Mitch, I'm bored of your whining too! Go and die dancing on some club's floor with girls who barely cover their bodies!"

"Of course I will, it's a pleasure to die partying rather than sitting at home binge watching web series!" He stuck his tongue out at me.

I snatched the blackbean noodles from him. "Then go, go!"

"I will!"

"Go!"

"I am!"

"Don't come back!"

"My wish!"

"Whatever!" I turned away from him and switched the TV on. I opened netflix and resumed watching the last episode of "Angel's Last Mission: Love", my favourite Kdrama.

I felt the couch shifting next to me but I kept my eyes on the screen, not sparing a glance at Chance. "You're seriously going to choose that guy over me?"

"Why? They're my race and Kim Myung Soo is so freaking cute!" I fawned over the said main male character. He has such a nice smile that it melts my heart. Ah, fangirl moments.

"If you're going to carry any last name, it will be only mine, Ji Hee!" I could hear the frown in his words.

"You said you were bored of dating me-"

My words were cut off when he cupped my face and pulled me into a kiss. I rolled my eyes but gave in. He smiled through the kiss and I wished that moment stopped the time but time never stops. 

I woke up with a start when the bus stopped. My eyes fluttered open against the dimmed light of the night outside. I heaved a sigh and grabbed my purse before getting down at my stop.

The streets were silent, silent enough for my thoughts to get louder with each step I took towards my shared apartment. Chance and I broke up a month ago, but somehow, his thoughts still remained.

After I decided to take a break on finding jobs, it became even harder for me. It wasn't easy to get a job here so I decided to work two part-time jobs a day to keep the food on my table. I can't leech off my parents forever. I either need to get a job here to settle down or go back to my place, Ilsan, South Korea.

May Jayden, my roommate, opened the door for me and I walked in, tired from all the work I've done today. I work as a waitress at a restaurant in the evening and in the morning, I work as a Mandarin teacher for children in the school which is practically on the other side of this area.

I get up and drag myself to the kitchen to find something to eat. I open the  cabinets on the upper left corner to take out cup noodles. I pour water in the kettle and wait for it to heat up so I can eat my noodles while watching the new episode of "The King: Eternal Monarch" which is airing today.