It's Complicated

Prologue

Silvercharles Bay, Washington is a quiet, wet town. It's mostly known for supporting in its population 83.7% US Navy members and veterans. Silvercharles Bay School District is also one of the three districts in Washington State that still has the Junior High system, meaning that 6th graders stay at the elementary school and junior high is grades seven through freshman, and high school is sophomore to senior.

Sofia Keller, Morgan Rainer, Brook Warner and Annalise Hopkins are your average horse obsessed seventh grade girls. They all are neighbors, sort of, Sofia living with Morgan and Brook on each side, Brook between Sofia and Annalise and Annalise between Morgan and Brook.

They ride on their horses on usually Morgan or Annalise's property, sometimes on Brook's but Sofia's parents won't let them ride on her property. They talk- most of the time about the newest most popular thing- boys. Particularly the hot ninth graders in their P.E. class.

Nolan Whaffe, Elliott Jarnold, Alexander Kase and Matthew Parkyr aren't your average boys-mostly because they aren't boys. But we'll get into that later.

But they are for the most part your average good-looking popular ninth graders. They've dated, Nolan has a girlfriend, actually, plenty of girls, but they're not players.

The four best friends do almost everything together. They live under the same roof, play the same sports, take as many of the same classes as they can. They're on-the-top seers, judge-a-book-by-its-coverers. Would they ever notice four nobody girls two years younger then themselves?

Well for now, it's just complicated.