Runaways on Runways

Ukraine, Belarus, and I walked into the madness, holding hands to not lose one another. Belarus took the lead, Ukraine behind her, and I took the back. The first shop we stopped by was one with all kinds of colorful t-shirts. I smile and grab a rainbow tye-dye t-shirt and hold it up to me.

"How do I look?" I ask, and strike a pose. Ukraine and Belarus laugh

"Like a hippie." Ukraine says, and I do a fake scoff,

"I don't look amazing? Runway worthy? Ready to shine?" I say and strike a couple more poses. I put the shirt down and pick up another flashy shirt. This one was black and had jewels on it in the shape of a unicorn. I hold the shirt up to me once again, and walk around like I'm on a catwalk. Ukraine and Belarus giggle at my antics. I wink at the girls and put the shirt  back down on the table. 

   I pick out a couple plain t-shirts and pay the shop owner. I recognized the shop owner as Monsieur Lefebvre. He was French and would help Canada and me with our French studies as we tried on his cheap oversized shirts. I knew it was him, so I kept my head down as I paid him, and double checked that my hood was on. 

"Now where do we need to go?" Belarus asked as I stuffed my new t-shirts in my backpack,

"I need a new sweatshirt and glasses. Also a toothbrush." I said, counting the money I had left. I had 35 dollars left. I could probably find a sweatshirt for 15 maybe 30 dollars and use the rest to get sunglasses and a toothbrush. My thoughts were interrupted by Ukraine pulling my arm forward. 

"C'mon, Ame!" Belarus said, pulling Ukraine, who was pulling me. I snort,

"Ame? Only my siblings call me that! But okay then, Bela!" I say, grinning and following along with them. 

I walk backwards, talking to Ukraine and Bela, gesturing widely as I tell them a story about Kiwi, Canada and me. I push up my new sunglasses up my nose and continue walking backward.

"Then he said-" I bump into something large and quickly turn around to see Kazakhstan and Russia. I smile at the large Russian, who is holding two large paper bags of food.

 "Fancy bumping into you here" I say and Russia smirks back at me,

"I could say the same," Russia replies, "So what did he say?" I laugh, and my face feels hot. Why was I so nervous? How can I feel so comfortable around him, yet so scared? I try to remember what I was saying, but I notice the sudden warmth in Russia's eyes, when they are usually so cold. 

   Hold up. What the heck, America! Get your head in the game! Why are you thinking these things?

"O-oh yeah! Then Canada said, 'but what if I didn't want to cut the pie' Kiwi and I assumed he was sleep talking the whole time, and all that nonsense meant nothing! He forgot all about it in the morning!" Russia smiles and Belarus giggles. 

   I smile at Russia, and he smiles back at me. I don't know how to even describe what I'm feeling as he smiles. But his smile quickly fades. He clears his throat and turns around, back towards me.

"Let us go home now" He says and starts walking toward the parking lot. I follow with Ukraine and Bela, still slightly confused.

(Russia's pov)

I look at Kazakhstan and tell him in Russian that I will call Ukraine to meet up with her.