Chapter 3

Well, the cat was out of the bag. Ever since Zak told Darryl and Vincent about his disease, they kept an even closer watch on him. At the sign of coughing, they took some time to check on him. All the while, the raven haired boy refused any help.

"Darryl! I told you I'm fine!" Groaned Zak. "No you aren't, you muffin. You're sick and started coughing up more rose heads!" Argued Darryl. Emerald eyes gazed into Zak's chocolate eyes. Zak turned away and huffed. "I'm not a baby. I don't need anybody watching me all the time." He mumbled.

His appearance had gotten even worse. His skin had gotten paler. His hair was matted from sweat. The bags under Zak's eyes were deeper. Not to mention, he looked like a scarecrow.

It wasn't an overstatement to say the boy had lost around 10 pounds. He looked as if he hadn't seen food in weeks. His arms and legs were nothing more than sticks at this point.

A6D walked into the room. He watched as Bad and Skeppy argued. 'Comme un vieux couple marié!' He thought to himself. He looked away and chuckled.

Darryl shook his head. Sighing, he stood up. He shot a quick glance back to Zak. "Alright. I get it. Just make sure you eat something. You look like your about to die." With that, Darryl left. Skeppy pushed himself to his feet. He thought for a moment before going into the kitchen. He grabbed some bread and a jar of Jif. He smiled lightly at the brand before making himself a couple of sandwiches.

'I fucking hate this.' Thought Zak, 'I'm so sick of being sick! I don't want anyone worrying about this stupid disease!' He groaned lightly. "I just want things to be normal again. I want to be healthy and in control of my life." He grumbled. Zak bit into his sandwich. "I just want some power over my own body. I'm too tired to do much, Bad and Vincent are always watching me. I can't do anything." He flung his plate against the wall.

With a loud crash, the plate broke. Several shards skittered across the floor. Zak glared at the broken pieces. He clenched his fists. Zak stood there for a few seconds before grabbing a broom.

He swept up a good amount of the shards before grabbing the dustpan. Skeppy threw the broken plate into the trash before placing both the broom and the dustpan away. He was about to leave when he saw a shard under the table. He bent over and grabbed it. That was a mistake.

As it turns out, pieces of broken plates are sharp. When Zak grabbed the piece, it dug into his palm. Zak let out a sharp yelp before dropping it to the ground. He gripped his palm lightly. A small amount of blood trickled out of the cut. The raven haired boy ran over to the sink. He flipped on the faucet and washed out the cut.

Zak hissed as the water touched the wound. It was still warm from when Zak had done the dishes. He dried off his hands before gingerly grabbing the fragment once more. Skeppy quickly flicked the piece into the trash.

Sighing, he checked for more pieces. He didn't want anyone to step on them and get hurt. Once he felt pleased in finding nothing, he sat back down.

The cut on his hand stopped bleeding. In closer examination, Zak found it was more of a scrape. He flexed his hand gingerly.

"That felt a lot worse than it actually was. But it felt kind of nice. I had complete control over my own body for once.' He thought. He glanced around to see if anyone was watching. Zak sprinted into the kitchen. 'I shouldn't do this.' He thought, 'But Darryl and Vincent won't find out. It'll just be a little experiment. I'll be testing something.' He grabbed a small steak knife from the knife block. "It'll just be a little test." He muttered. He grabbed the knife tightly before shoving it into his pocket. Zak ran off to his room. Leaving a kitchen with one knife missing.