Chapter 5

Vincent was always a night person. He tended to stay up until his eyes shut in their own. Today, however, he stayed up for Zak.

The room was dark, illuminated solely by the glow of a computer. The monitor was a simple Google search. 'How to help a friend with Hanahaki disease.' was what was searched. Several hundred articles were being scrolled through. Most simply telling that a confession of love was the only cure.

"Love? Skeppy didn't say anything about that." A6D muttered, "Besides, who on Earth would he even have a crush on?" Several more useless articles passed by until one caught Vincent's eye.

The article was rather dated, chances were it was used in a textbook. The article was filled with information. Ranging from how the disease was contracted all the way to how to get rid of it. A6D scanned through the paper until he found a small paragraph. "There are two ways to cure the disease. One is to have the romantic feelings returned. The other is more dangerous. A second way to remove the disease is to surgically remove the infection from the victim. Once this has been done, all feelings the victim had towards the crush will also disappear."

Vincent reread the paragraph until the information was burned into his brain. He smiled to himself. 'A surgery would be expensive, but perhaps would fall under Zak's health insurance.' The French man thought to himself. A6D closed his computer and yawned. He laid himself down and closed his eyes. Eventually, he fell into a dreamless sleep.

Bad wasn't good at staying up late. He got tired far too easily. This earned him the nickname of DrunkBoyHalo whenever it got late. However, he couldn't fall asleep.

His emerald green eyes stared up at the ceiling. He desperately wanted to sleep but his mind kept him awake. 'Is Skeppy going to be alright?' He thought. That's all he was thinking about now. Groggily, he grabbed his phone.

He turned on the screen and groaned at the brightness. He opened up Google and searched for the only thing that would give him peace of mind. 'How lethal is Hanahaki Disease?' The search did not give him the comfort Darryl wanted. Instead, he was bombarded with the fact that the illness was fairly lethal.

All the websites talked about was that a surgery or confession of love would remove the disease. Bad's eyes widened as he read through the articles. 'Oh my goodness. Skeppy, just confess to whoever they are!' Darryl yelled in his head. He shook his head. Bad threw his phone onto his nightstand. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

The next morning, Zak woke up rather late. He glanced at his inner arms and cringed. The mess of cuts along his arms had begun to scab over. Skeppy poked at one gingerly, only to wince and yank his hand away. "Well, that hurts a lot more than I thought it would." He mumbled.

Skeppy pushes himself out of bed and stretched. He grabbed another hoodie and pulled it on. He made sure it covered all of his wrists and arms. Once he was pleased with his handiwork, he stepped out of his room.

Darryl was sitting in the kitchen. When Skeppy walked by, Bad stood up. "Zak, we have to talk." He called. His tone was serious and worried.

Skeppy froze when he heard Bad. His mind started racing. 'Does he know about the knife? How does he know?' Slowly, Zak turned to Darryl. "Yeah? What's wrong?" He replied.

"You know exactly what's wrong Zak!This is going to kill you." Darryl shouted. His smaragdine eyes gazed at Zak with sadness. He barely noticed the shorter boy take a step back.

Zak's mind froze for several seconds. "Darryl," He started, "I didn't think you knew about it." He mumbled. His chocolate eyes looked at the ground in shame. "How long have you known?"

Darryl sighed and lifted Zak's chin. "I looked it up last night. You just have to confess and it'll all be better." Bad wrapped Zak into a hug. "Whoever they are will love you."

The raven haired boy blushed lightly under the hug. "C-confess? How would that help?" He asked nervously.

"Zak, your disease is caused by one sided love. If you confess to them, you could get better." Darryl responded. "Didn't you do your research, muffin?"

Zak relaxed once he realized what Bad was talking about. "Yeah. I guess so." He muttered. "But if they don't like me back, I'll get even sicker." He squeezed Bad tighter.

"Who wouldn't love you, Skeppy? You're nice, funny, and best of all, you're THE Skeppy!" Darryl replied. "Besides, chances are they might like you too! If you two are close, it's not that uncommon."

Zak pulled away from Darryl. "Yeah. I am pretty awesome." He said. A smile crept its way onto his face. "I'll wait a little longer but I'll try it." Zak looked at Bad happily. "You're awesome. Thanks a lot."