Stay up with you

Norman wa so tiered...still, he couldn't sleep at all. Not after seeing that he just saw, not after realizing hoe beautiful the night sky was from his window. His his pajamas, he got up his bed and glimpsed outside. In the mist of the night... he wondered why he choose this life for himself. 

 Until now he did his job the best I could but...after seeing a mermaid, that mermaid for the first time he realized that he wasn't actually free. He was tied now by so many responsibilities, by his memories and expectations. 

How was he going to conduct communication investigation in a mermaid that couldn't even talk? Actually could she talk at all? He sighted at the sight of the Polar Star... what the hell was he doing? 

Father I- The histories you told me at night...are real. It might be childish but I want to know her 

He smiled at his wounded hand: funny wasn't it? Weren't mermaids supposed to be really seductive creatures? She wasn't seductive at all! She even bit him! Still...he knew that the light and the grow that her tail produced attacked him in some way...

Still, he wasn't sure that kind of attraction was that...was it wonder, like a child who sees something for the first time? Did he actually found her attractive? He was so confused.

That's great Norman! You never had a girlfriend  in your life and now you think you are in love with a mermaid that just bit your hand? Am I a masochist?   

Still, here was no time to be in such considerations. The sun was almost up and Norman didn't sleep a single minute, how great. Afterwards he wanted to see her, see if those FMI guys didn't do anything rude to her...they were quite suspicious. He dressed himself up and took all this paper into his paste. 

When Norman arrived at the lab, nor Gilda nor Don here there. After all he arrived quite early, and he took the opportunity to check if everything was all right with the mermaid, who was in the  complementary room. She was still asleep but when he pick his gown to enter the room she woke up and distanced herself from him. 

Norman smiled at her

" Good morning! Are you all right?" - She didn't seem to understand anything he said and she had a half scared and confused expression on her face. Norman sighted and tried another approach.

He pointed his hand into her wounds and made a hurt face and than, using his hands, he imitated the gesture he used to wrap the bandages around her yesterday and pointed back at her. He feel so much like a fool now, like a clown at a circus...

She just looked at him even more confused. He made quite a defeated face and went next to the aquarium, leaned against the glass, looking strait into her eyes.

" Ah...you really don't understand me, right? They want me to conduct communications experiments at a being that can't communicate...still, she must have a language to talk to another mermaids?"

Since she couldn't understand him, she was thinking out loud like he usually did. After all, talking to himself did help him organizing his toughs. She made quite a strange face as he wondered that she might be thinking looking at a human with two legs and white hair, just like him.