Possession

Asriel stepped forward with one foot, Ozymandias growling fiercely only to be met with Stelmaria's low growl in return. He eyed the sleeping Lyra, she looked comfortable and seemed peaceful. He noticed Marisa having her hand on Lyra while eyeing him with her eyes not wavering while Ozmandias continued to low growl back at Stelmaria both tense.

"When I got word that Lyra had left Jordan, I was surprised thinking perhaps she had stolen another Gyptian boat and left ...only to find out she was with you the entire time" Asriel spoke soft and low with astonishment in his voice eyeing the pair on the sofa, glancing at Ozymandias and Stelemaria still staring each other down defensively.

Marisa said nothing as she kept hold of her daughter with one hand ready to defend her at a moment's notice. "What are you doing here" she spoke soft and low as to not wake Lyra, she wanted to know why he risked magisterium capture, torture and death to be here. He hadn't cared when he took off for the north in the first place spouting of heretical notions of other worlds beyond the authority's power.

Asriel took another step and Ozymandias whipped his tail and became near-feral, screeching in a warning. Marisa watched him with a protective and wicked look in her eye. Stelemaria prowling sideways half circling Lyra, Pan, Marisa, and Ozymandias.

"I am here for Lyra, to save her from your work" He announced his intentions with a threat as he eyed the sleeping girl curled up next to Marisa safe. Stellaria eyed Lyra with a fondness while watching Ozymandias as they circled each other. Marisa's hand clutched Lyra tighter as she brought the sleeping child closer to her holding her close in protection, Asriel took surprise in her actions.

He came close to the pair, Ozymandias screeching a warning if he were to do anything he would strike, Stelemaria stood down slightly as she moved closer to Ozymandias and brushed against him which was returned.

Marisa made direct eye contact with him, speaking soft and trying to reason "The magisterium will never allow you to take her ... I won't allow you to take her. I am not losing her again " tears began to form in her eyes as she clutched her child to her in fear of her being snatched away. Lyra still sleeping unaware of the silent conflict occurring.

"You want her?" he asked surprised and in awe, she had grown feelings for the girl; he did not foresee this happening. Lyra the girl who he knows to run along rooftops getting into mischief was peacefully asleep in the women he loves arms. The mother of his child, the child he denies. Lyra snuggling into Marisa in her sleep sensing her embrace and smell.

"Yes" she whispered declaring her love for her daughter, the baby she had left as a newborn in her shame, kept from and denied she cared about for years.

Asriel and Marisa only had eyes for each other at this moment, bringing them both back to when Lyra had been born. The last time they had all been together, before everything. Before Edward. Asriel looking in Marisa's eyes "I never thought I'd see the day you cared" he spoke softly as Marisa still had her arms around the sleeping Lyra.

Marisa with tears in her eyes looked down at their child before meeting his gaze, he reached out his hand to cover hers which was holding Lyra. Asriel and Marisa moved closer to one another where their foreheads were touching thinking of the past and their love.

"We should have brought her up together properly" Asriel speaks softly to her his deepest regret formulating into a sentence. Marisa breathed in at the words, her ice-cold heart thawing for this moment. She smiled at him, something that was rare upon her face. They kissed passionately with such emotion, lust and surprisingly love.

In catching their breaths Marisa proposed a sickening thought "You still can leave it all behind. For her.....for us" she suggested he give up his research his work, the reason the magisterium is searching for him. To stop. Perhaps this was the way, Marisa thought selfishly. She wouldn't give up her work and she held the slightest hope he possibly would knowing it was a far cry.