Flashes of The Past

Everyone's eyes widened at the cry echoing throughout inside the manor estate, Stelmaria growled before taking off at full speed up the stairs, Asriel matching her pace pushing Marcel out of the way in his haste not caring only having one thing on his mind. Lyra, his daughter.

She felt submerged in water as she heard muffled screaming, shouting, dogs barking and laughter.

Rooftop tiles in her line of sight giggling and jumping from rooftop to rooftop looking over her shoulder at blurry figures behind her. Blurry figures in her vision flowing and unclear, laughter in her ears as she raced with another blurry figure around grand hallways.

"Lyra, will you wait?!" a familiar boys voice shouted out

A large field of grass swam into her view as her feet moved as she ran screaming at a zeppelin, with anxiety.

Waving her hands in the air as she shouted: "Wait!"

A hand and smiling face of her mother reaching out for her hand excitedly with a smile showing her the penthouse apartment.

She heard a soft loving voice reassuring her

"soon you'll be all better"

Arms held her tight clinging to her like a lifeline, she felt safe and warm. The crackle of a fire in the background, a blanket being carefully placed on top of her as she slept and a comforting hand brushing her cheek.

She sees a fountain of water and tosses a coin causing a reaction within the water. It then morphed into her being hoisted up by strong safe arms onto her father's back, she gripped his coat with a smile as she held onto him.

"Father!"

Lyra cried and screamed with everything in her in fright as she saw dark blurry figures punch and beat her father in front of her eyes.

There was rainwater running down her face, thunder, and lightning in the pitch-black night sky, feet running in the rain loudly.

One of her feet splashing into a vast puddle in the darkness.

Fear seized over her, as a dark shadowed hand grabbed her suddenly and her vision swam in darkness.

"LYRA!"

"Lyra" Marisa croaked out in fear as she made to move after Asriel, Ozymandias going to climb up the stair's railing only to have Marcel's snowy owl daemon screech and fly gliding into Ozymandias as Marcel tightly grasped Marisa's wrist stopping her, Marisa grunted at her brother fighting to pull free from his grasp.

"Let go of me Marcel!" she growled at her brother, glowering with a heated glare.

"Asriel has it handled, we have more important things we need to discuss" Marcel spoke devoid of emotion and fully rational.

Marisa pulled her wrist out of his grasp, as she grunted in frustration huffing before slapping him hard painfully across the face

"You are not keeping me from my child again, she is what is important" Marisa spat with heavy emotion as she and Ozymandias fought off Marcel's snowy owl daemon who fell to the floor on the opposite side of the stairs lowly hooting in pain off to the side her head bowed in shame.

Marisa glared at her brother with a fire and anger it would scorch anything that laid their eyes upon it. Marisa pushed her anger and rage to the side as she then began to run up the stairs clutching the railing as Ozymandias climbed up the stairs racing to reach Lyra's bedroom.