Chapter 1

With Ash

"We're finally in Pallet Town!" Ash exclaimed as he gazed out at the landscape before. From up there, he could see the houses that had been built since long ago and the native Pokemon that inhabited the rivers, forests, and grasslands. 3 years had passed since Ash and his good buddy Pikachu had started their journey in the Alola region, where Ash had become the first Champion of the Alola League. He had arrived back in Pallet Town only a few minutes ago and was now watching as the sun was just about to set.

 He had arrived back in Pallet Town only a few minutes ago and was now watching as the sun was just about to set

"Pika pika!" Pikachu said, fist pumping the air. He then hopped onto Ash's shoulder, who smiled and scratched Pikachu's cheeks, resulting a coo from him.

"Let's go home now, buddy. I bet Mom and Professor Oak are waiting for us. What do you say?" asked Ash. Pikachu quickly nodded in agreement and the two sprinted down the hill towards home, eager to see Ash's mom and Professor Oak. The house soon came into view and Ash bolted through the front gate before bursting open the front door.

"Hey, Mom! I'm home!" Ash shouted as he rushed into the house. Pretty much nothing had changed since he'd last seen it before heading over to Alola.

"Pika pi!" Pikachu exclaimed, raising his paws in the air before jumping off Ash's shoulder and onto the couch. Ash's mom was the first to greet them, who sprinted towards Ash and wrapped him in a tight hug.

"Ash! I've missed you so much, dear!" Delia said, squeezing her son as she embraced him in a Welcome Home hug. Ash started to hug her back, but stopped because she was squeezing him so tight he thought his lungs were about to explode.

"Thanks, mom. I've missed you too, but...mom....can't....breathe," Ash squeaked out as he tried to loosen the grip on his mom's embrace. Delia eventually let go and Ash collapsed onto the couch, gasping for air.

"Sorry, dear. It's just that it's been a few weeks since I came to watch you win your very first league!" Delia exclaimed, then pushed Ash up the stairs. "Now go wash up and get changed. Professor Oak should be coming over for dinner any minute." 

"Right. Let's go, Pikachu!" Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder and they raced upstairs to Ash's bedroom. After closing the door behind him, Ash walked over to his dresser, where he had all the gym badges and awards from the previous regions and leagues he traveled through placed on top. He carefully took out the Champion trophy he had received from the Alola League and placed it beside his Kalos badges. After changing into the clothes he normally wore at home, which consisted of a black T-Shirt and soft blue shorts, Ash then heard his mom calling him and Pikachu down for dinner. By then, both of their stomachs had been grumbling pretty loudly, begging to be fed some food so that they wouldn't go hungry.

"Ash, honey, come down for dinner! Professor Oak's just arrived now!" Delia shouted loud enough for her son to hear.

"Coming, mom! I have to wake up Pikachu first!" Ash called to his mother, who nodded and returned to setting the plates of food on the table. Ash raced back into his bedroom to wake Pikachu up, who was taking a nap since it had been a long flight coming back from Alola to Kanto.