Chapter 7

A/N: This chapter will be based on episode 7 of Pokemon Journeys(Serving Up The Flute Cup!) Enjoy!

Last time, Ash and Serena traveled over to the Wild Area, where they had a special encounter with a Dynamax Pokemon. Serena ended up catching the same Scorbunny they'd met in Wyndon as her first partner and the two bonded immediately. Now another exciting day of adventure awaits them both!

With Serena

Serena wandered down the hallway, Scorbunny perched on her shoulder. As they went down to the buffet to meet Dawn, the honey-blonde saw a familiar looking Mr. Mime and stopped to greet it.

"Oh, good morning, Mimey!" she said cheerfully.

"Mr. Mime mime!" he replied. Ash's mother, Delia, had transferred Mimey over to Kalos High to look after Ash while he was attending the school. Right when Serena was about to head into the buffet, she bumped straight into Dawn, who smiled and gave her a tight hug.

"How was the Galar region?" the blunette asked. 

"Great! We saw a Dynamax Snorlax and I caught this little fella on my shoulder," Serena said, pointing at Scorbunny, who waved at Dawn.

"Scorbun!" he said. Dawn smiled and rubbed him under the chin.

"Aren't you a cute little guy?" she said. Serena smiled at the sight in front of her before she heard a familiar voice calling out to her.

"Serena!" it said. The honey-blonde haired girl turned around to see her backpack flying towards her, catching it before she nearly fell over. She looked up to see Ash smiling at her, Pikachu sitting on his shoulder.

"Hoenn region, here we come!" Ash exclaimed.

"Pikachu! Pika pika!" Pikachu raised his paw into the air.

"Huh?" Serena gave him a confused look.

-

-

"Announcing the Battle Frontier Flute Cup, featuring only the greatest trainers and the strongest Pokemon! Each trainer will use two Pokemon as they rise through the ranks!" the voice of an announcer blasted through the speakers of a TV station as Ash and Serena made their way over to the arena. The two had arrived in Hoenn just an hour ago and were now watching the commercial for the tournament as the scene changed to a young girl with long orange hair in a yellow and pink dress.

"And the winner will receive this beautiful five-color flute set! I want you to enter! Now, don't be shy! Let's have a Pokemon battle!" the girl stopped talked and the screen went back to being blank.

"I get it now," said Serena. "Wait, Ash? Have you chosen your partners yet?" she asked. Ash turned to her and Pikachu poked his head out from behind his trainer's head.

"Pika!" he said.

"Pikachu and....," Ash replied, pulling out a Poke Ball. A light of blue shot out and Mimey stood there, doing some kind of Martial arts movement. "Mimey!" the raven-haired trainer finished, flashing a cheeky grin.

"Hey, it's Mr. Mime," said Serena, a little surprised. "Wait, you chose Mr. MIme!? But can it even battle?" the honey-blonde asked, pondering. Mimey gave her a creepy grin, causing her to step back a little. "Now, what's up with that sinister grin?" Serena said, still creeped out. "Let's deal with that later, huh," she continued as she and Scorbunny copied Mimey's hand movements. "No, let's deal with it right now! I can't wait until later!" the honey-blonde panicked, waving her right arm frantically while Scorbunny copied her movements.