Chapter 2

This is the world famous Kalos High, and Ash and Serena are just waking up to their first morning there

With Serena

"Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep," cried Ash's now-fixed-for-the-100th-time Pokeball clock. Serena groggily opened her eyes, adjusting them to the rays of sunlight beaming through the curtains. 

"Pika chaaaaaa," yawned Pikachu from above as he walked over to the alarm clock. Before Ash could even reach out to grab the Pokeball, Pikachu slapped his hand away with his tail and turned the alarm off . Serena giggled at this, smiling as she got up from the bottom bunk and looked up at the electric mouse. As soon as he saw her, his ears perked up and he jumped off the bed and into Serena's arms, nuzzling against her chest. She smiled and cradled him like a baby.

"Good morning, Pikachu," she said, scratching him under the ears.

"Chaaaaaaa," he cooed as he slowly crawled up onto her shoulder.

"Can you go wake up Ash for me?" Serena asked the electric mouse Pokemon. Pikachu gave her a nod, a mischievous smile slowly forming on his face. He jumped off Serena's shoulder and onto the top bunk, where Ash was sleeping soundly. Pikachu scampered over to his trainer's side and an evil smile crossed his face.

"Piiikkkaaaaachuuuuuuuu!" he let out a thunderbolt on his trainer. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" screamed Ash, bolting awake as he glared at Pikachu, who stood there with a smirk on his face. The raven-haired trainer, knowing he couldn't stay mad at his partner, simply chuckled and scratched the electric mouse's cheeks before putting his eyes on Serena, who stood there smiling.

"Hey, Serena! Did you sleep well?" Ash asked her as he climbed down the ladder to stand beside her.

"Yup, just like a rock!" she exclaimed as she rubbed Pikachu's head softly.

"That's great! Now, let's get dressed and go grab some food. I'm starv-." Before Ash could finish his sentence, all three of their stomachs growled at the same time. They clutched them in hunger before laughing it off.

"Of course! Right behind you, Ash!" Serena exclaimed with a wink. The two childhood friends went into the bathroom to change into their normal clothes. Serena placed her light pink dress over her black tank top before draping a long red vest over her dress. She then pulled on her black stockings, brown boots, and, last but not least, her favorite red fedora with a black stripe.

 She then pulled on her black stockings, brown boots, and, last but not least, her favorite red fedora with a black stripe