Sick

As soon as he saw her sat at her desk, he knew something was off. He walked up to her and asked her, "Are you okay?"

She looked up at him with tired eyes, barely able to keep her head up. "I'm fine," she told him, colder then she intented to.

He sighed frustratedly. "If you're not even going to pretend, you might as well tell me the truth," he told her.

She rolled her eyes, really not up for this conversation. "I'm great, Samuel. Is that better?"

He groaned. "You're obviously not, though," he sais frustratedly. "Come on," he said, while taking her hand. "I'm taking you home so you can rest and get better."

She looked up at him again, clearly done with this conversation. "How are you going to do that? On the back of your bike? No, thank you. Besides, I don't need your help," she said angrily.

Realisation filled his face, as he kneeled down beside her. She looked at him surprised and looked around to see if anyone was watching them.

"I know you don't need my help or anyone else's," he said gently. "That doesn't mean you have to do everything by yourself, though. It won't make you weak if I take care of you while you're sick," he spoke softly.

"I'm not sick," she said stubbornly, but her voice sounding very weak and tired. At this point, she just wanted to give in.

"Please, Carla," he said desperately. "I'm tired too," he tried to persuade her, "let's go to my place and rest for a bit and then I'll make you the best macaroni you've ever tasted."

She narrowed her eyes at him for a second. "Fine," she gave in. "But only because I don't want you to get in an accident by riding your bike home tired."

It was just an excuse and both of them knew it, but neither one of them would comment on it. Instead, Samuel stood up, before helping her stand as well. The two of them then made their way out of the school and to her school.

Carla fell asleep in the car on the way to his apartment. She woke up, while he was carrying her up the stares. "I can walk," she told him, only half awake.

He smiled gently, liking how relaxed she was when it's just the two of them. "Don't worry about it," he kissed her forehead. "Go back to sleep."

And she did. The next time she woke up, was in his bed. She smiled, already feeling so much better than when she left for school. She was sure her fever must have broken. She looked around curiously, never having been in his room before. Her smile widened. This room was clearly his.

Suddenly something caught her eye. She quickly got out of bed and grabbed it. Just at the same time, he walked in with a bowl of soup and some meds.

When he saw what she had in her hands, he blushed and looked away from her.

"How did you get this?" She asked him, placing it on the bed and getting closer to him.

He kept avoiding eye contact and shrugged embarrassed.

She smirked and place both hands on his cheeks and made him look up at her. "How did you get the picture, Samuel?"

"I sent it to my phone when you slept over after eating macaroni on the couch," he told her blushing.

She let go of him and turned around so he couldn't see her smile. "You went through my phone?" She asked as she tried to keep her voice as emotionless as possible.

Nervously, Samuel responded, "just to get the photo, though, I promise!"

"Why were you so desperete for that photo?" She asked him, turning back to face him.

He blushed even harder then. "It's the only picture we have together," he admitted.

Her heart started beating even faster. She pulled him closer to her and kissed him passionately. "You know, you're the only person who cares about me."

She could see he was about to argue, but she shook her head. "You're the only one that really cares about ME, about what I want or feel."

"I don't care about you, Carla," he said, making her tear up. Making her wonder how he could say that when she was so sure it wasn't true. Finally, Samuel continued to speak, "I don't just care about you, Carla. I love you!"

Her tears streamed down her cheeks, relief filling her whole body. He was the only person she felt comfortable being vulnerable to. "I love you too," she told him honestly.