Reassurance

"Babe?" Samuel yelled as he walked through the door of their new house. The house was a lot bigger than anything he'd ever lived in and also a lot smaller than the mansion Carla grew up in. It was a perfect mix of the both of them.

When Samuel didn't get his usual greeting in response he frowned and started looking around the house for his girlfriend.

The two of them had reconnected after spending two years apart and had been together ever since. They still had their differences, but they loved each other too much to not make it work.

They'd been living together for over a year now and Carla would greet him at the door almost every day when he'd get home from work. Almost, but not today. He knew she was home as her car was parked in the driveway and her purse and keys were on the counter in the hallway.

He looked around downstairs before going to check upstairs. Finally he found her sitting on the ground in their bathroom. He frowned upon the sight. She was just sitting there staring straight in front of her and her face void of any emotion. She hadn't even reacted when he walked in.

Slowly, as to not startle her, he kneeled down in front of her and placed a hand on her cheek. "Carla?" He asked concerned. "Are you okay?"

She snapped out of her trance upon his touch and looked up at him. "You're home," she said confused. "I didn't hear you walk in."

"That's okay," he reassured her. "Why are you sitting in here for?" He asked her gently.

She frowned at him. "I'm just thinking," she told him. She started to get up, but fell back down. A slight blush appeared on her cheeks. "My legs must have fallen asleep from sitting here to long."

Samuel smiled, loving seeing her without so many walls. He stood up and picked her up, gently placing her on their bed in the room next door. "What were you thinking about?" He asked her curiously.

Carla shrugged embarrassed, something that was very rare for her. "Do you think I'd make a good mom?" She asked him.

Samuel's smile widened immensely. "You'd be a great mom," he told her without a doubt. "You are the most loving person I know."

The blonde nodded unconvinced. "What if I turn out like my father?" She worried tears filling her eyes as she looked up at him.

Samuel sighed. "You're protective of your loved ones like him, but you'd never do anything to hurt someone else."

"What about what happened to Marina?" She argued.

He shook his head. "That wasn't your fault. You aren't responsible for Polo's actions. You did what you had to do to protect the ones you love. You never hurt anyone."

"I hurt you," was her next argument. He could hear the pain in her voice as she spoke.

Samuel pulled her into his arms. "You did that to protect me too. You did what you thought was right and I'm okay. I'm here. We found our way back to each other and that's all that matters."

It was silent for a second. "Neither one of us had the best examples for parents, but we know that and we can learn from that. We've both made mistakes in the past as well, but it helped us grow and become the people we are today. And if one day we have a child, we'll remember all of that and try and do better," Samuel spoke passionatly.

Tears rolled down Carla's cheeks. "I'm glad the baby will have you as a father, Samuel."

He smiled and kissed her forehead. "And you'll be an amazing mother someday."

At that, Carla pulled away slightly to look him in the eyes. "I'm pregnant," she told him.

Finally understanding where all of these thoughts came from, Samuel smiled. "We're going to be parents?" He asked her. She nodded. "We're going to be great parents, Carla," he assured her. "We're going to love this baby and be there for them no matter what," he continued.

Carla smiled and kissed him. "I don't know what I would do without you," she told him.

He rolled his eyes at her. "You'd still be the same amazing woman you've always been." He frowned for a second and then added. "The only difference would be that you might not be pregnant right now."

Carla laughed through her remaining tears. How was it possible that he always knew what to say or do to make her smile. They were so different and yet so perfect for each other.

This baby would be okay, she decided, as long as she had him by her side everything would turn out good.