Chapter 12: Interview

ZION's POV

The agreement that Annie suggested came as a shock to Kassie. She was so against it while persuading Annie of this and that. I just sat there and listened to her reasons. I wanted to interrupt her at that time but I was enjoying seeing her fight for what she believes in. Although I must admit, she was also out of line, a bit.

The argument lasted for an hour. Until finally we came into consensus. That, if this so-called agreement will greatly affect her loveteam with Kenzo, then the agreement will be terminated at once. Because this loveteam was one of her many reasons.

I was actually wondering, if she respects their loveteam that much, how come she still pursued her relationship with her ex? And now she's so afraid of being exposed to the public? Doesn't make sense to me, really!

Does she hate me for using that reason so she can't say no to this agreement? Are her fans really that petty? Dammit! Although this is just a pseudo relationship, still, I don't want to hear again the very same reason I was being told to. Because just remembering it, my hate for her kind is resurfacing.

I blankly stared at the projector infront of me while spinning the pen with my fingers. Currently, I am in the middle of a meeting but I don't know why my brain keeps recalling that episode with Kassie and Annie. And not just that, even the kiss before that. And everytime I remember that kiss, hindi ako mapakali!

I sighed and shook my head in annoyance and to chase away those thoughts as well. 'This is not good. I really am affected of this already. Tsk!'

"Boss," bulong ni Adan. Napalingon pa ko sa gawi niya dahil sa biglaan niyang pagbulong. "May problema po tayo. Na-move raw po 'yong timing ng interview ninyo ni Ms. Dara, will start in 45 minutes daw po," saad nito.

Napatingin tuloy ako sa orasan ko and it reads 3:16 p.m. "Akala ko ba 5 pa ng hapon magsisimula 'yon?" bulong ko rin pabalik sa kanya. But Adan didn't get the chance to answer me back when we felt gazes on us.

Kaya naman napaharap ako sa kanila at bumalik naman si Adan sa p'westo niya. "Ahem,"- pagsisimula ko -"can we finish this meeting in 15 minutes? Would that be possible?" Nagtinginan pa muna sila at tinanguan naman ako pagkatapos. "Good! Please proceed." Saka iminuwestra ang kamay ko na ituloy na ang pagrereport.

Natapos nga ang meeting namin in 15 minutes. I just told them to email me their concerns regarding the agenda and left the room at once.

"Boss, I have prepared the helicopter na po. The station got their helipad so it would be easier for us," wika ni Adan habang mabilis din itong nakasunod sa akin.

"Good job, Adan. To the rooftop then." At nagmamadali na nga kaming nagtungo sa lift.

Minuto nga lang ay nasa rooftop na kami at dinig ko na ang ingay na dulot ng elesi ng helicopter.

Agad naman namin sinuong ang malakas na hangin na likha nito at mabilis na naupo sa loob. Pagkasakay ay inabutan agad ako ng ear muffs. This will reduce the noise during the ride.

At ilang minuto nga lang ay nasa himpapawid na kami. And suddenly, just the thought of seeing Kassie, I felt anxious and excited at the same time. 'What a crazy combination that is!'

---------

Bago mag alas kwatro ay narating namin ang lugar kung saan gaganapin ang interview. Sinalubong naman kami ni Annie at pinasunod sa kanya.

At habang nakasunod kami ay patuloy ito sa pagbibigay ng instructions ng kung ano ang p'wede at hindi p'wedeng sabihin.

Iniabot din nito sa 'kin ang tila script but I just scanned it and passed it to Adan. 'Why would I need that anyway? I came here just to confirmed the issue, nothing more.'