Chapter 15: Ceremonies

Longest chapter yet guys.  Over 500 words.  Most of it is ceremonies, but meh.  Please click the star, I don't own warrior cats.   PLEASE GUESS MY FAVORITE CAT, OR ELSE BRIARLIGHT  WILL HAVE NAMELESS KITS! Sorry for the cliffhanger. 

Briarlight pressed her nose into Jayfeather's fur.  Finally! We can be mates. She purred.  After moons of wishing, she could finally be his mate, and better yet, possibly have his kits! "Briarlight? Come into the medicine den so I can check for kits." Jayfeather guided his mate into the den, and started feeling around her hips.  His face fell. "No kits yet.  Maybe another time.  Still, keep coming to check in.  I love you Briarlight." 

"And I love you.  But you can't fuss around me all the time.  Save some of that for our clanmates."  Jayfeather smiled gently.  Briarlight would never know that I would give up my life to be with her. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather under the Highrock for a clan meeting!"

"Brackenfur, Berrynose and Graystripe have deemed their apprentices ready to become warriors."  Sandstorm was licking her kits furously, trying to get her kits' pelts ready. Firestar glanced at his mate warmly. "Boltpaw, Lightpaw and Ashpaw, please step up. I, Firestar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices.  They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Boltpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Boltpaw didn't hesitate.  " I do."

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Boltpaw, from this moment you will be known as Boltstrike. StarClan honors your energy and enthusiasm , and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan.  Ashpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Similarly, Ashpaw did not hesitate in his answer. "I do" Firestar nodded "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Ashpaw, from this moment you will be known as Ashpelt. StarClan honors your kindness and spirit, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan.  Lightpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" 

Lightpaw stopped, the smile wiped off her face.  The silence echoed like a boom throughout the camp. She gulped, noticing all the cats holding their breaths, waiting for her.  "I do." Firetstar's sigh of relief could be heard only by those around him. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Lightpaw, from this moment you will be known as Lightheart.  StarClan honors your honesty and forethought, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

As Lightheart glanced around, she was overwhelmed by the clan who was chanting her name.  The noise went silent, replaced by a ringing in her ears. As the world faded to black, she felt the sensation of falling, falling into the comfort of silence.