Chapter 30: The Two Mothers

Cherryblossom's yowls rang through the camp, startling Amberpaw into consciousness. With a jolt, she realized that Cherryblossom was kitting. Jayfeather called for his apprentice to follow him, and ducked into the nursery. Amberpaw followed behind nervously. She had heard stories about kits and queens that didn't make it. The new apprentice didn't want that kind of weight on her shoulders!

One Sunrise Later

Lightheart curled next to Cherryblossom, gazing down at their kits. "That brown she-kit is fiesty!" Her mate nodded in agreement. "Maybe we name her Firekit, because of the fire in her belly. What about the dark ginger tom?" Both she-cats were thinking about it, when the tom sunk his teeth in Lightheart's leg. "Ouch! His teeth are like a snake's. That's it! We should call him Snakekit." The smallest of the litter was a white she cat with amber spots. "This little one should be Falconkit." Satisfied, the two mothers glanced at the now-sleeping kits fondly.

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, but I felt compelled to give you something.  So, I'm thinking about wrapping this story up. What do you guys think? I have two other stories, and I plan on making more so I can't spend too much time on this. Anyway, I'm just starting to lose interest in this book, and I'm starting to brainstorm more ideas for others. Thanks for reading this while I struggle with myself.