Chapter 23: KITS! KITS! KITS!

So guys.  I really don't like writing kitting scenes.  In my next book, a friend is helping me write them.  Sorry this chapter is a bit later. Okay, let's just say this is just after Briarlight kits.  There are cats licking the kits, but we don't actually acknowledge them.  Also, KEEP GUESSING FOR MY LEAST FAVORITE CAT. Yeah.  Enjoy! Also, very dis-jointed.  Just flow with it. Also, I just started a new book called "When The Stars Fall"  I suggest going to check the first part out now. Also, sorry for confusing dialogue.

Briarlight was exhausted. Who knew kitting was such hard work? Jayfeather had run in, and started helping out.  Having her mate there had definitely helped with her energy levels. She had given birth to three beautiful she-kits.  One of them was gray, with sleek fur.  The largest kit was silver, with white paws and a white muzzle. The last kit was breathing only slightly.  She had a brown pelt, dotted with patches of amber fur.

Jayfeather purred.  His kits were perfect.  They would make great warriors when they were older.  He had Briarlight describe them, so that he could help name them when the time came. Jayfeather could hear the mews of the kits, hungry for food.  Daisy gently coaxed Briarlight to let them feed.

ONE MOON LATER

The kits had opened their eyes.  The gray she-cat had been named Mistkit, after the color of her sparkling eyes.  The silver kit had been given the name of Moonkit.  The small brown kit was to be known as Amberkit.  Although Jayfeather did not want to give in to the prophecy, as soon as he had thought of these names, they had suited them.  It would have been wrong to give them a wretched name for the sake of a prophecy.  Still, Jayfeather worried about what their futures would hold.  

Amberkit danced around Moonkit, practically taunting her sister. "Come and get me! Unless you can't!" Briarlight purred as she heard this exchange, Mistkit still huddled close by her side. "Moonkit? Amberkit? Why don't you see if Lionblaze will give you a badger ride?" The kits squealed with excitment.  Lionblaze was the best at badger rides! He was kinda like that epic uncle that everyone has.

Jayfeather walked over and licked Briarlight's ear.  "Where did you send them off too? They look like the happiest kits in the forest." Briarlight flashed a smile.
"I told them to ask Lionblaze for a badger ride." Jayfeather gave her a sly smile.  
"Lionblaze has other things to do, you know." His sentence was interrupted by the squeals of amusement coming from on Lionblaze's back.
"So much for that. " Briarlight laughed.
"He seems to enjoy it well enough."