Chapter 17

Tsukiyo woke up to the sun shining against her eyes.

"Are you awake, Tsukiyo-sama?"

She turned her eyes to Koberi, who knelt beside her with a mixed look of concern and smugness.

That smugness made Tsukiyo bolt up and survey her surrounding.

She was no longer at the stream where she fainted. Instead, she lay in the clearing where she fought the Ichibi.

Tsukiyo slowly turned her eyes to Koberi.

"Please don't tell me Itachi-kun carried me here." She forced through clenched teeth.

"Bridal style too." Koberi replied smoothly. "Very romantic."

Tsukiyo wanted to cover her face, but due to the fact that she now only has one hand, she could only cover half.

"How many people saw?" She muttered.

"Only the three of us." Koberi smiled cheerfully as Tsukiyo turned her eyes toward Shisui. Cheeks aflame, she clumsily tried to cover her thigh with what remained of her skirt.

Clearing her throat awkwardly, Tsukiyo pulled on a serious expression.

"What's the latest update?" She asked as Gyakuryu started to heal her wounds. With each day one day closer to her birthday, Tsukiyo can feel the time energy recovering quicker than the day before.

"The village would have been able to take care of Orochimaru's attack even without our help, let alone now with 500 Uchihas alongside. However, Sandaime doesn't seem to be doing so well. Orochimaru summoned out Shodai and Nidaime using Edo Tensei. However, I find it weird that the snakes have occupied Jiraiya-san for so long." Koberi reported.

Tsukiyo scoffed. "It might not seem so, but Jiraiya is just as disappointed in the village as Tsunade and Orochimaru. Why did you think he left? To collect information on Akatsuki? It's not like he's not the Wandering Miko. The fact that the same Jiraiya who could keep Killer B at bay is losing against Orochimaru's snake is not weird at all."

"I see," Koberi nodded. "Should we help Sandaime?"

"It's too late at this point," Tsukiyo replied lazily. "Have the other two elders sent any ANBU to help Sandaime? I bet not."

"You are indeed correct." Koberi nodded.

"Well then," Tsukiyo said as the last of her wounds disappeared. "It's time to clean up some shit."

She stood up. "Koberi, go home and make sure our foundations are secure. I'm going to need a solid backing for what's to come."

"Hai!" Koberi bowed and left.

"Itachi-kun, I'm gonna need you to change out of that." Tsukiyo took out a scroll containing the standard Root uniform. "I'm sorry but you can't show yourself right now."

"I understand," Itachi nodded and took the scroll.

Tsukiyo turned to Shisui and hesitated.

"Let me stay with you." He volunteered, mimicking the voice of something younger [1].

Tsukiyo nodded. "That's fine."

She turned to Itachi, who has finished changing, and transformed herself into normal clothing again.

"We're going to go meet the Elder's Council now. Prepare yourselves, but remember that I am on the Uchihas' side."

The corners of Itachi's lips lifted the slightest before he put his mask into place.