Chapter 7

By the time they arrived at Tazuna's house, it was late afternoon. His daughter treated them to some plain rice and fish soup, evidently the best they could afford.

"I'm going to take a nap." Tsukiyo told Kakashi as dinner was wrapping up. "Can you help spar with the kids?"

Kakashi nodded. "Sure. You're gonna be gone during the night?"

"Probably." She replied. "If everything goes as planned, I should be done by morning."

He raised an eyebrow. "So short? Now I'm really curious what type of S-rank mission this is."

She laughed. "It's A-rank actually. Only reason I'm doing it is because of the diplomacy involve."

"I see."

So Tsukiyo went to sleep for 5 hours and woke up in the middle of the night. She crept out of the house and retraced her footsteps to where the battle occurred during the day. Glowing green spark coated the grass, creating a path leading straight to Zabuza's hiding place.

Tsukiyo smiled. When she knelt down beside Zabuza, she had sprinkled some of the tracking dust devised by the technology division. The advantages of this dust is that it's barely noticeable and sticks to clothing very easily. The disadvantage is that it only glows during the night.

The grass muffled her footsteps as she quietly raced through the woods, arriving at a beehive-like structure hanging in midair, suspended by ropes that tied to the nearby trees.

Tsukiyo leapt onto the structure, using chakra on her hands on feet to crawl around like a spider until she located a window. It was dark inside and she couldn't see, by she also didn't sense any living presence, so she wrapped a handkerchief around her fist and punched through the glass.

Once inside, Tsukiyo looked around the determined the room to be an empty guestroom. She gently opened the door and strolled down the hallway, listening for voices. Most of the rooms she passed were quiet, so she kept walking until she reached the end of the corridor.

Shout came from behind the door, so Tsukiyo knocked politely, alerting them of her presence. Soon enough, the voices ceased and someone called, "Who's out there?"

Tsukiyo didn't answer. Someone else, evidently impatient, pulled the door open. Confusion flashed across his face when he saw her, someone he evidently wasn't expecting.

"Good evening," Tsukiyo greeted. She was surprised at her luck, as the man she was looking for, Gato, was inside.

"Seize her!" Gato screamed, and his henchmen came pouring at Tsukiyo.

"My, my," she sighed. Truly, she had wanted this to be a peaceful affair, but nothing ever goes her way, does it?

Since all of Gato's men were Genin at most, Tsukiyo had them on the floor, groaning, in a heartbeat.

She didn't bother with formalities anymore, and instead sauntered over to where Gato was standing, pulling a kunai out of her pouch.

"I had hoped our first meeting wouldn't be this way." Tsukiyo sighed as she threw her kunai, which embedded itself in the wall behind Gato, cutting a strand of his hair.

"Truly, I had." Another kunai landed in the wall, this time, on his other side.

"But nothing every goes the way I plan." The third kunai whizzed past the top of his head. Satisfied, Tsukiyo turned toward the couch on the other side of the room and plopped down on one end.

"Sit, please." She gestured to the other end.

Her patience ran thin when Gato, nearly peeing himself, moved gingerly across the floor and sat down even more gingerly.