Chapter 6

For the next week and a half, Tsukiyo trained her students: taijutsu in the morning, chakra control in the afternoon, and evenings were free.

Although they were free to go after 5 in the afternoon, everyone stayed. Sasuke asked for some Katon jutsus, so Tsukiyo taughted him 2 C-rank ones, Katon: Endan and Katon: Enyari [1].

Sakura completed her water stepping training halfway through the week, so Tsukiyo made her tie a rock around her waist and try again. As she got more adept, the rock and heavier and the rope got longer, so by the end of the week, Sakura was dragging a human-size boulder by a rope that stretched near 2 meters long, sinking into the water but not yet touching the bottom. During the evening, Tsukiyo taught Sakura some basic medical jutsus that would heal most skin injuries but not more serious ones, like broken bones.

Naruto had the most trouble. When she tried teaching him Futon: Daitoppa, a C-rank wind release that blows air out in extreme speed and is usually coupled with a Katon to create the best result, Naruto didn't get it no matter how many times he tries. Relenting, Tsukiyo settle for a D-rank jutsu, Futon: Kaiten Shuriken[2], but he did not get that as well.

Finally giving up, Tsukiyo pulled Neji from his training and had him watch Naruto's chakra flow as he performed Kaiten Shuriken.

"He has another source of chakra that's messing with his control." Neji stated after a while of observing.

Tsukiyo paused. The Kyubi, she was sure of it.

She let Neji go and told Naruto about it. He was slightly depressed, but she promised to make his taijutsu so good that he could beat his enemies before they had any chance to release their jutsus.

Truth to be told, there is wisdom in the saying fear amateurs because you never know what's coming. Because Naruto had never been taught, his mind had never been conditioned to think the way normal taijutsu users think, and a couple of times his attacks surprised Tsukiyo greatly.

That said, she still conditioned him to the style of normal taijutsu as there is reason why everyone does it that way. Not only does it conserve energy, many of the blows are much more effective. As Naruto trained, he became faster and his punches harder.

Seeing that they were now nowhere similar to the three children that graduated not even two weeks ago, Tsukiyo nodded satisfactorily and started taking them on D-rank missions.

Naturally, they complained, but Tsukiyo told them that there are lesson to be learned in D-rank missions too.

When they were pulling out weeds for a lady in her herb garden, Tsukiyo taught them the different uses of the herbs.

"Why do we need to know these?" Naruto grumbled. "We have Sakura-chan."

Tsukiyo rolled her eyes. "Well one day Sakura's gonna get her own Medical Ninjutsu development team and she won't be able to go on missions with you. Just learn it."

Naruto, naturally, did not, but Sakura and Sasuke did.

Their next mission was retrieving a lost cat.

"This time it's a cat, but one day you'll need to catch dangerous rogue nins. Then what will you do? Do you know their strengths? Their weaknesses? What they like and dislike? Where they're most likely to show up? Who else might be chasing after them? What are their strengths and weaknesses? When you find them do you catch them outright or wait? If you catch them outright, what are the possible casualties? How might you minimize those casualties? Do they have backup? Do you have backup? How close and how strong is their backup? What about your backup? When you catch them, what precautions do you need to make sure they're defenseless? These are all questions a good ninja needs to consider." Tsukiyo concluded.