Chapter 11

Christian's POV

"Uhm H-hi." The moment she opened her mouth I feel somehow relaxed. Akala ko kasi after ng nangyari sa bar magiging awkward ang lahat sa amin. I knew I crossed the line, nabigla ko siya and I was asshole for that. Baka isipin niya na 'yun lang ang habol ko sakanya which hindi naman talaga. Wala akong balak gawin 'yun unless siya ang naginsist. Hindi ko forte ang mamilit ng babae. Tsaka ang tagal kong inantay itong opportunity na makasama siya. At ngayong nanyari na ito I wouldn't waste it this time, na finally nakuha ang atensyon niya.

Back in the States I was an asshole. Name all the shits you know and I swear I've experienced them all. I party, screwed other girls, getting laid. I guess that was my version of wild and free. I have live my life to the fullest and my parents thought that it's about time to get some serious shit and have plans about my life so they sent me back to the Philippines living with my cousin thinking na magtitino ako dito.

The first few months was like my normal days in the States, going to the bar getting some flavor of the night and waking up next to some b*tch the next morning. Old habits are hard to die, but then that one particular night change everything. That one night that brought me to where I am right now.

My cousin James, invited me to join his group of friends in a bar we usually hang-out. I decided to go since I have nothing else to do and my parents kept on bugging me to take business ad course since I will be the one to run the company in the future, but hell no! I would still like to pursue my architecture degree here in Manila, I was just finding on where school to enroll for the next semester. As the night turns to its peak, usual stuffs happened, party shits, people are getting wasted all around me so I decided to get some drink ang sit near the entrance of the bar when suddenly a drop dead gorgeous woman steps inside, wearing fitted black v-neck dress caught my attention. I smirk, flavor of the night I muttered to myself. But as I look upon her face I was stunned. How can someone as tempting as a devil have a face of an angel? Did I miss something in the 20 years of my existence? I asked myself. But the moment we look at each others eye, I knew right there that the answer has been laid right before my eyes.

I decided to approach her, but as I walk my way near a possessive arms wrapped around her waist. So I get back on my track, too bad she's taken. I don't do girls that has already been committed, that's not really my thing. But still I cannot stop thinking that maple brown eyes of hers. But maybe I'll make her an exception. I chuckled at my own thoughts and went back to my friends. We rented a VIP room up stairs so that we could exclude ourselves from the girls that have been so clingy to us lately. Not to bragged but I'm just stating the fact. Being a regular customer here some girls are getting familiriaze with our presence and I myself hate that. I don't want to stick with one girl, not until tonight as I spot her in the dance floor dancing graciously. I grip the bottle that I have been drinking as I noticed the arms that has been wrapped in her waist and looking at her with so much possession. I suddenly have that feeling that it should have been me instead of him. I don't know what has got into my system so without that much thinking I made way downstairs.

I get into dance floor not minding the girls that has been approaching me. I just smiled at them and simply get my way near her. As the music gets louder and the bar has been at its peak right now it's difficult for me to get close to her but I still managed. I heard her laugh and I swear that's the sweetest shit I'ver ever heard.

"So ano na Migz? She's nice. Why don't you give it a try?"

"Stop it Skye. She's been so clingy, you know I hate it."

"Girls are always like that. Please? For the sake of our friendship?"

"Let me get you out of here first. Dumadami na ang tao."

That's the last thing I've heard from her. Eavesdropping wasn't bad at all huh? Not bad for a first timer like me. I patted myself for that.

Skye. The name suits her. She's really breathtaking to look at. I smiled as I realized what the hell I just did back there. I stalked a girl and it was my first time to make a first move if ever that was really a first move.

I look for my cousin as they go downstairs and make their way towards a group of girls.

"Cmon C. I'll introduce you to some of our hs friends." I nod and just followed them.

They introduced me to them and I just smiled realizing that she was with this group of girls when they enter the bar. I have to thank this guys knowing that somehow I could have a connection to her atleast.

"Hi! I'm Jessica!" Said with that petite body and cute smile. But she's just nothing compared to her.

"Hi. I'm Christian." I just smiled but still managed to look behind her. Please turn your back. I want to get to know you. I kept repeating that mantra in my mind but she didn't. She's too engrossed with the man beside her that even my presence isn't been acknowledge. I guess luck wasn't on my side tonight.

"She's Skye and that's her bestfriend Miguel. Don't mind them they're always like that." She chuckled. But I just remained looking at her. That Jessica seems to feel that I wasn't interested in her so she join my cousin in their little talks. 

As the night goes deep, they've exchanged numbers and said their goodbyes hoping to catch up soon. James drove silently but I still can't get her off my mind.

Before going to my room, I dare to asked James about Skye.

"You know Skye personally?" I asked plainly hoping he wouldn't get to notice I have something for her.

"Yeah. But that not close. Hindi naman kami masyadong naguusap dati." He said not seem to mind it. So I push it more hoping to get some information.

"The one with her tonight is that her boyfriend?" I asked to confirm the relationship between them.

"Sila ni Migz? They're bestfriends. Ever since ng hs kami lagi namang nakabakod sakanya yun. Kaya walang lalaking nakakalapit sakanya. Hanggang ngayon ata magkasama sila a Wellington University e."

Oh finally. I know where I can enroll for the next semester. I smiled to myself.

"O anong ngiti yan? Likod niya lang nakita mo tinamaan ka na agad?" Pangaasar niya sa akin.

"Yun nga, likod niya lang pero tinamaan na agad ako." Pagtawa ko sakanya.

"Wow ha. Pero insan piece of advice lang, find another girl. Walang lalaki ang nakakapasok sa buhay niya. Lahat ng nagtangka nauwi din sa wala." After he said that he went to his room without waiting for my answer.

I dismissed his so called 'advice'. I will make it through her. I know I will. Something tells me I should. And I have to make sure that I will make it straight to her heart.

--

Happy Holidays! Pamasko niyo na sakin ang comments and votes? Thank you! :)

- JAstbeyourself